Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, April 16, 2007

Confusion..........


So my computer went Blue Screen of Death on me a week ago... A terrifying thing. Suddenly your pal, your buddy, your sometimes Nemesis doesn't light up when you push the button. All you get is that nasty blue screen telling you that your livelihood is busy dying....
And THEN I realized that hey, it's still on warranty, so Dell, God Bless 'Em, sent out a tech to my house to bring my baby back to life!
While this wonderful, fabulous Tech was here, he asked me what I did for a living..................
Me: I write books
Him: What kind of books?
Me: (Thinking, oh boy, here we go), Romance novels.
Him: Ah...How many do you write a month?
Me: HUH? Uh, it doesn't really work that way. Takes me three or four months to write a book.
Him: Ahhh.... And who is the OTHER romance writer?
Me: Um, there are THOUSANDS of us.............
Him: REALLY????
That's okay, I love him anyway. He brought my baby back from the brink!!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    LOL, Maureen! I love that little geek for restoring your lifeline to the world!

    And what a hilarious picture! How did you sneak in without me seeing you?

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL.......ah, Kate. Clearly you and I are twins separated at birth!!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Sympathies on the computer! We'll forgive the romance challenged guy since he fixed your computer :-)

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh yeah, Jen. I forgive him completely........it's so nice to have my baby back!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home