Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Battlestar Galacti-WHAT???



Okay, so I'm a little late. Just watched Sunday's episode last night.

Let me just say...this show is driving me nuts. Yes, I'm still watching and yes, I'm still grumbling about it. But this episode really caps things for me!

First off....the Final Five Cylons....we only see four of 'em. And hello? Sam? The Chief? The President's secretary? Since when is she a player? And the one eyed, drunken, always depressed, whiny Colonel? Why would the Cylons want to claim him anyway? And who's the Fifth? My husband thinks it's Starbuck--and if it is, good luck to the Cylons. Her on again off again sanity was getting so hard to take I nearly cheered when her raptor broke up! If the Fifth one is Baltar, then we have nothing to worry about. The Cylons will self destruct after a little more time with him.

And what's up with the SciFi channel? Galactica will continue in '08??? Who will remember what happened by then? Who will care?? The beauty of SciFi used to be that we got new series in the summer--when ZIP was on everywhere else. Now, they're trying to become a 'network' and start their shows in the Fall. The question is, WHY? The 'networks' are suffering incredibly low numbers........

So, excuse my rant. But for Pete's sake. Continued in 08???????

3 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    But you're beautiful when you're ranting!!!

    LOL....I have no idea what you're talking about because I've never seen the show (just slap me) but I hate when they screw around with my TV schedule!!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I identify with your frustration! I stopped watching BSG this season because the storylines just became more and more ridiculous- and because SciFi cancelled my favorite show (Stargate SG-1). But really, Starbuck as a Cylon? Hello, if she were, she probably would have blown all the humans up in a temper tantrum; or the other Cylons when they got in her way! As for the long delay between seasons, you won't have to try to remember what happened... SciFi will show it to you again three thousand times before the new season starts!
    BTW- loved the last 2 books, can't wait for the next one!

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh, Kate...what do I do with you?? You didn't watch Buffy. You didn't watch Stargate SG-1.......but I do appreciate the beautiful thing!!

    Trish!!! Stargate SG-1 is MY favorite, too! Although, it's been missing a lot since RDA left. God, I love him.....Still, great show, still getting good ratings and they cancel it???

    But....they're making 2 DVD movies to be released next fall. Did you hear about those?

    I'm so with you on the BSG thing. It was good for awhile, but all the whining is really taking a toll. LOL......I need all my energies for my OWN whining!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home