Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hey, I'm Working Here!


I'm in the midst of finishing up one book before jumping into the revisions on another and then starting the next!
Sound just a little schizoid? Oh yeah. Sometimes it's hard to keep all of your fictional worlds straight! For example, I'm polishing up a paranormal for Silhouette's Nocturne line. It's set in Ireland and it's about an Immortal Guardian named Rogan Butler. Now, I'm loving Rogan and he's got a great heroine, Aly Blair... BUT, there's also a corner of my frenzied brain already planning how to trim and tuck and change the things that need changing in my recently completed Silhouette Desire.
There, I've got Debbie and Gabe to worry about--oh, and did I mention they're on a tropical island at a luxury resort Gabe owns?? Good times.......THEN, while I'm planning on little nips and tucks for Debbie and Gabe, I'm also thinking about my next project, a Vampire novella for Nocturne!
Yep, my first foray into the world of fangs....so I've got some ideas there. Plus, did I mention, I'm also working on the next book for NAL?
It's another contemporary/paranormal/funny/first person...so far, called A FIEND IN NEED.
So, I'm feeling the rush of too many books, too many words and just not enough hours in the day. And how's your world???

6 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Steven said…

    Why set in Ireland? Have you ever been there yourself?

    Just curious myself as an Irish man.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Steven...I've been to Ireland several times. It's one of my favorite places. My family's from there, too.

    The book's set in one of my favorite spots--a tiny town called Tourmakeady, out in the middle of all that gorgeous countryside.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    I know you're busy, but just don't ever stop writing! I can't wait to read the next one...and the next one...and the next one... :-)

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL.........thanks, Kate!!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Wooooo-hooo! Rogan Butler's story! I was hoping that one was in the works. :-)

    All the stories sound great, Maureen. That's quite a juggling act you've got going there, though. Wow!

    M.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thanks, Michele!! Hope you like Rogan's story once it's done and out!!

    and the juggling is always interesting......maybe that's a good thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home