Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, February 19, 2007

To Change or Not To Change


This picture is of a RUT. That's right. Ruts made by the covered wagons crossing the Oregon Trail bringing new settlers from the East all the way out to the Pacific Northwest and eventually, California. There were so many of these wagons, so heavily laden with every worldly possession the pioneers couldn't stand to leave behind, that the wagons actually dug through solid rock. Now those ruts stand in living testimony to the determination and sheer stubbornness of people looking for a better life.

I'm here to say, 'yay for ruts'. Nothing wrong with a good rut. It's comfy. It's familiar. It's easy. Change, is not. I don't like change. I'm not good with change. Hence my rambling sort of rant, here.

Blogger began giving me the 'opportunity' to 'upgrade' to their newer blog format months ago. Then last week, it was more of a threat. "Hello?? We're trying to make your life easier. Cooperate, lady!" I of course, being quite content in my Blogger rut, ignored them.

Today, the gloves came off. I signed on to post and Blogger informed me that I was going to change whether I wanted to or not! So here I am. Dealing with change. Grumbling because I couldn't upload a picture from my computer, but had to go find one on the web. (Uh-huh. Upgrades. I'm impressed.) Still, this is probably a good thing. If I was happy with change, I'd be spending too much time playing with my new Blogger.

Instead, I can go write my book!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    There's a way to fix this, I just can't tell you what it is. LOL. I feel your pain. I had to sign in once again just to comment. They don't know me anymore. Maybe they never really knew me. Sigh.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Ah, Katie, we hardly knew ye.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home