Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Premature Horn Tooting


I'm not very comfortable with tooting my own horn, so to speak.....but hey, it's almost Valentine's Day and this book cover DOES have a big ol' heart on it!

Besides, I'm reading the galleys now...that's the final manuscript and a writer's last chance to catch any mistakes--and I have to admit, this book is cracking me up. I keep reading different pages to my dh who now leaves the room when I shout, "Hey, listen to this!"

Can't seem to help it. Cassidy Burke, the heroine of MORE THAN FIENDS, which will be out in June, is just my kind of heroine. We would soooo be friends if I could figure out how to get her off the page and into real life. And I think it's because she's so much like ME! Oh, that sounds wrong, doesn't it???

Yep, authors (at least this one) can't seem to keep their own personalities out of their characters. And Cassidy--like me--is somewhat addicted to TV and often quotes her favorites. Probably too often, but I'm leaving 'em in... I'm really enjoying this book, despite the fact that while writing it, I groaned and obsessed and in general drove my friends nuts with all of my doubts.

But it turned out great. Who knew?

11 Comments:

  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said…

    Maureenie. Can't wait for this one.

    I have Santos. His knife may look small on the cover, but *between* the covers...oh, la, la!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the title MORE THAN FIENDS...too funny! I can't wait for the book do come out! I happy to know it's LOL funny :-)

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thanks, Chris! Santos appreciates the vote of confidence, LOL!

    Jen.....Bless you! Thanks for reading it ahead of time and letting me know it was good!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So what is it about? Cassidy sounds like she is a fun heroine.

    Cady

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Cady!

    Cassidy IS a fun heroine. Just finished reading the galleys and I'm still chuckling....

    The book is a first person/paranormal/comedy kind of book. The pitch I use is... The Gilmore Girls Meets Buffy The Vampire Slayer.....

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    This is one of the funniest LOL books I've ever read with one--wait, make that two--of the hottest heroes ever! Can't wait to get my very own red hot copy!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Dana Diamond said…

    It looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my hands on one too.

    :) d

    PS About Harry Potter the YA said, "He's still Harry Potter to me."

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maureen - it's stunning and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

    *Rhonda

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger sdpenson said…

    Hi Maureen,

    I wanted to say hello yesterday but Monday is a very ugly day for me in the office.

    I wanted to tell you how delighted I was to finally meet you in person. It felt like I was meeting an old friend.

    I love your humor and look forward to reading what grabs your fancy.
    You have that delicious Cheshire Cat humor...which I just love.

    I love this book cover and title and even if I did not know you I would buy it.

    I bought Nevermore but you had left the meeting..so I will have Dana take it to your next meeting and please have you autograph for me. I know ..I know...but I love autographs.

    My granddaughter is a voracious reader also and gets such a kick going to your meetings with her auntie. A new world of authors opens up for her to read.

    Again, so enjoyed meeting you and Kate and hope to see you very soon.

    Oh...Happy Valentine's Day!

    ~Sandy

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Dana......right there with the YA!! LOL..

    Rhonda, Thank you, Baby!! Same goes for Finley!!

    Sandy.. It was GREAT to meet you!! I only wish you had stayed longer so we could really dish. You must come back to another meeting! And your granddaughter is just gorgeous! Hope she found some faboo earrings........

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger sdpenson said…

    The YA's auntie reminded me(thanks) that the earrings I bought HER when she was a YA were .75 carat and not .50 carat..gee I was a nice mommy wasn't I? We saw some that we liked..not sure if getting Princess cut or round...such problems..for a YA to have:-)

    I should tick auntie off and get the YA 1 carat...

    Did I tell you that is why I work...for my 10 grandchildren!!

    I will come again, you and Kate were so nice.

    ~Sandy

    p.s. I have something for Kate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home