Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter Weekend!


Cannot believe it's Easter already! Is it just me or is this year already flying by???
Anyway, at Christmas, I posted a picture of the reindeer cake the family insists that I make every year. Now that it's Easter....you guessed it. There's a bunny cake that's become tradition. And here he is. Pretty cute and very tasty.
The family gets together for what we call Easter Saturday. We started this years ago, mostly as a way to avoid the hideous holiday traffic in Southern California!
Easter Saturday dinner, is of course, a barbecue--usually with a badminton game thrown in for laughs. (My laughter while the others play). My brother and sister in law host the festivities and they've got it down to a science now. So we'll relax, talk, eat too much, laugh too hard and celebrate being together again.
I wish you all the same...........

6 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Easter! Your bunny friend there looks quite familiar- as I have had to make the same cake every year for the last 10 years... And for the last 6, I've been blessed enough to get to make 2 of them. One for my nieces' class and another for the family. And of course we always have to take a picture! Sometimes I think that I have more pictures of our bunny family than of ours!
    Wishing your family a wonderful day-
    Trish

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL, Trish! I know just what you mean.....we've got so many pictures of CAKES!! Of course, a good cake is hard to resist!

    Happy Easter!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY MAUR,
    WE DID HAVE A GREAT DAY ON EASTER SATURDAY, ANOTHER REASON WE STARTED HAVING EASTER SATURDAY WAS SO THE LITTLE ONES COULD BE AT HOME ON EASTER SUNDAY, AFTER CHURCH, FOR THE EASTER BUNNY TO HIDE THE EGGS LOL.
    NOW MATTER HOW IT STARTED THOUGH SINCE THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TRAFFIC NOW THAN THERE USED TO BE IT WORKS OUT GREAT FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE TO DRIVE OVER AN HOUR TO
    GET TO YOUR BROTHERS HOME.

    MOM

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Happy Easter, Maureen! What a fabulous bunny cake!! Sounds like you and yours had a lovely day!

    (Hi, Maureen's Mom!)

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said…

    Maureen, I know your Easter was happy--well, I mean your Easter Saturday.

    And I'm with Kate. Love that cake!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate and Chris...Thanks! It was fun and a really good cake even if I do say so myself! =)

    Hi mom!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home