Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, January 14, 2008

RWA, Writing and Friendships.......





That's a lot of books. I was searching for a picture that would sum up the RWA meeting I went to on Saturday. I searched under women's meetings, laughter, friendship and I still couldn't find just the right picture.

So finally I settled on books. Paperback books specifically since that's what most of us in the Romance industry write.

You look at these books, you go to an RWA meeting and you realize just how many wonderful storytellers there are out there. And for every one of us who gets published, there are three or four writers struggling to get into the business.

So what am I getting at? Hard to say. There's been a lot of talk here lately about plagiarism and I don't really intend to get into it--since there are plenty of people who know more about this case than I do already discussing it.

I guess all I really wanted to say is, each writer is special. Her voice is her own (yes, I know there are fabulous male writers too, but go with me). She tells her story the way she sees it and does her very best to make each word sing.

And I'd like to applaud all of those working writers who labor in obscurity. Who sweat blood over every word. Who write and rewrite and rewrite again all in the effort to tell their stories their way. Published or not, you're all special.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY MAUR, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE TO READ AND I MUST SAY I MOST HEARTILY AGREE WITH YOUR BLOG STATEMENTS TODAY. GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE WRITERS THAT
    GIVE US SO MUCH ENTERTAINMENT AND
    PLEASURE.

    MOM

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thanks, mom!! I know I got my love of reading from you and dad-- so you guys are what made me a writer.........

     

Post a Comment

<< Home