Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hitting The Big 100................


Yep, it's true. I hit the big 100 not long ago. 100 books sold. Well, actually now it's 102, thanks to a brand new contract from NAL for two paranormal romances.
Yesterday at my local RWA meeting, the Orange County Chapter ambushed me! (If I'd know this was going to happen, I probably wouldn't have worn jeans. No wait. Yes I would have.)
The chapter presidents presented me with this gorgeous placque, naming me an inaugural member of the OCC 100+ club! They did force me to make a speech, which thankfully for all concerned was a brief one--but they also provided a cake in celebration of the event!
When I started writing, I was looking for a job I could do and stay at home with my kids. That job turned into a career I love and wouldn't trade for anything. I'm very grateful for the friends I've made, for the editors I've worked with and for the readers who continue to buy my books.
I'm in some heady company in the 100+ club. Along with me, the other members are Susan Mallery, Debbie Macomber and Marie Ferrarella. The writers in my chapter are all talented and hardworking, so I'm sure we won't be the only four members for long!
As for me...I'm getting started on the NEXT hundred books. I hope you'll stick with me and keep buying the books I love to write!

11 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Congratulations Maureen! I'll be there for your next 100 books--I'm a huge fan!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Awww......thanks, Jen!! And I'm first in line to get your Witch Hunter books!!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Maureen!

    Very cool! Having a job you love really makes all the difference!

    Plus--you got cake--my kids will tell you that makes any occasion a bigger celebration!

    Yeah, you!

    Husker Kim

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Husker Kim!!

    I'm soooo with your kids! Give me cake and I'm a happy girl!

    Thanks for the congrats and you're right. Loving what you do makes all the difference!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats! Should I pre-order those next hundred?

    Fingers on the keys. :)

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Cyndi! Thank you!! And yes, it'd be great if you'd preorder! LOL

    Any news on the publishing front from you??

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's HUGE!
    E

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    Congrats on 100. Looking forward to the next 100 or 200 or 300 or...

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Erica! LOL, it is pretty huge, isn't it?? Funny, I never thought about hitting 100 when I started!!

    Hi Christa!! Thanks for that! I'm looking forward to the next 1 or 2 hundred, too!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    You are my idol!! Congratulations!!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate, that's so NICE!! How cool to be somebody's idol!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home