Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, October 12, 2007

Roses For Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm celebrating this week! My very good friend Kate Carlisle made her first sale this week to NAL publishing house!
I happen to love NAL because I write for them too, and now I have even more confidence in their intelligence and vision! Because they read Kate's proposal for her book HOMICIDE IN HARDBACK and said we must have this writer!
Kate made a 3 book deal for her first sale and tomorrow at our RWA meeting, she'll receive 3 roses from our chapter presidents as a way to mark the occasion!
You know what this says? It says that talent, like cream, will eventually rise to the top. It says that if you believe in yourself and want something badly enough, you will find a way to make it happen. And it says that there really is no substitute for persistence.
So don't give up on your dreams. Be like Kate. Keep reaching for the stars and pretty soon, you'll grab a handful for yourself!

11 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Thank you!!!!!!!

    I can truly say, I couldn't have done it without you, Maureen! You are the best friend in the world!!

    Let's celebrate tomorrow! Woohooooo!!!!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Ooooh....Here I go tearing up again.

    Kate, I'm so excited and thrilled for you! You are an amazingly talented writer and so frickin' deserving of this. I can't wait to read your books! :-)

    See ya tomorrow!

    (Hi, Maureen! LOL)

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate, you are truly one of the best and I'm honored to be your friend! Cannot WAIT to buy your book!!

    LOL......Hi Michele! I've been tearing up all week, too!!

    see you guys tomorrow!

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Tessa Radley said…

    Oh, wow, this is such wonderful news! Maureen thanks for posting it...Kate, I'm so utterly, utterly thrilled for you!

    Look forward to reading the book. When will it be out? Are they keeping the title? *LOL*

    Tessa

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    Woohoo Kate

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Tessa! Been thinking about you lately! How's it going?

    We're all so excited for Kate, we can't stand it!!

    Christa! Thanks for the woo hoo for Kate!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Congratulations Kate! The contract is well deserved and I'll first in line to buy your book and get it signed!

    Hmm, maybe I'll be second--I'm pretty sure Maureen will be first in line.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL, Jen! Yep, first in line for Kate, and FIRST in line to buy the Witch book from YOU!!! Woo Hoo!!!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Thanks Maureen! I'm thrilled about my witch hunter books. But that first sale is special, just as Kate is special!

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Kate! This is goosebump chilling

    Enjoy the success

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Sneaking back into Maureen's blog......shhhh......

    Hi Cyndi! Good to see you, and thanks for the congrats. I still get goosebumps myself when I remember that phone call. In fact, I'm getting black and blue from pinching myself to see if it's a dream!

    Hey, Jen's got a new deal, too! Can't wait to read your new witch hunter series!

    Okay, guess I'd better get back to writing...... ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home