Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, September 07, 2007

Before and After.........

No, I didn't lose weight. My tree did.

Sadly, my gorgeous Jacaranda was forced into a haircut! Now every May, this tree explodes with the most amazing shower of pale lavender flowers... The tree has people stopping on the street to stare at it.

Yes, okay, dh, it IS messy. The flowers stain the sidewalk and get tracked into the carpet on the bottoms of shoes. But that's life, right? You don't get something for nothing. If you want the beauty, you have to take the not so great.

For me, I love this tree. I sit out on the porch with my coffee and watch the wind ruffle the leaves into a swaying dance that's just mesmerizing to me.

My dh on the other hand, complains about roots popping up and cracking the sidewalk and how he hates mowing under it! Guess I'm just a tree person. Oh, and a cloud person too, but that's a blog for a different day.

This blog is all about my gorgeous tree. It's coming back already, leaves filling out and stubborn new sprouts starting to jump off of limbs that were sheared back.

So I think it's forgiven me for allowing those terrible men to whack at it! But I guess I won't know for sure until next May...














12 Comments:

  • At 4:02 AM, Blogger Rhonda Pollero said…

    Poor tree. It looks so naked. But it seems to be coming back quickly. You gotta love a tree that doesn't take any crap from anyone.
    *Rhon

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    Poor tree!

    I am also a tree person, and I adore where I live because when they built in here, they left as many trees as possible--and when I look out at the creek, all I see are trees. I can't wait until they start turning orange and red with autumn.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Rhon..yep, my tree has attitude! It's gotten much more full since that pic was taken last month, so I think she's forgiven me!!

    Hey Erica! Ah, dh and I want to move to a four seasons kind of place...that's the plan anyway. I too want to sit and watch the trees change color.....

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Christa said…

    Trees are so resilient aren't they? No matter how much they get hacked back they always seem to bounce back.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Christa, good thing, too. I felt so guilty!! My poor tree! Plus, the neighbors gave me a ration, too, since when we planted the tree, we weren't really thinking PLAN. Sigh. In the hot afternoons, it shades our neighbor's bedroom!!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    oo, I've seen that tree in full bloom and its breath taking. Especially when the wind gives you a shower of purple Amy

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Amy!! It is a gorgeous thing when it's blooming, isn't it??

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    That is a beautiful tree! Just be sure you tell the tree it's all dh's fault, and I'm sure the tree will forgive you and bloom beautifully next year!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Jen! don't you doubt it for a moment. While the guys were out there setting up their chainsaws and shredder/mulcher, I went out and told the tree exactly who to blame!!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Sherry Harris said…

    Hi Kathleen- You may not remember me, but I'm a member of OCC. I haven't been in awhile because we moved to Palmdale 2 1/2 yrs ago, and my dh says it's too far to drive with gas prices what they are. ;)

    I'm a tree person too. I had to leave my beautiful pin oak when we moved. I cried. I really miss it here. We're in a new subdivision and all the trees are small. We do have a few, but nothing like my gorgeous tree. It towered over the house and changed colors in the fall. I planted it as a small tree. We lived there 31 yrs. I'm orginally from the east, moved here as a 5 yr old, but I loved the colors of this tree.

    I stopped writing for a few years after my parents died, but I've started up again. Hope to finish the one I'm working on now. I sure miss OCC and everyone.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Your beautiful tree is coming back already! Don't worry, I'm sure it knows who the real culprit is and will continue to bloom and thrive and drop pretty flowers everywhere and grow its roots anywhere it wants and make your DH's life miserable! LOL.....just kidding, Maureen's DH!!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Sherry! Nice to see you out here, since we're not seeing you at OCC!! You should try to come in to a meeting every few months! Tell your husband it's a mental health weekend! LOL

    KATE!! Hey, my DH knows you're on MY side!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home