Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Rita Night.............



Rita night at conference is a biggie. Think Oscars for Romance Writers.........


Anyway, here's most of our plot group--me, Kate Carlisle, Susan Mallery and Terry Southwick. Missing is Christine Rimmer--don't know where Chris was when we took this.


Chris and Susan were both nominated for Ritas this year--(unfortunately, they didn't win)--but the nomination is huge, considering how many romance novels are released every year! And I was a presenter...the terror. Standing up in front of a couple thousand conference attendees was enough to make me look for the closest bar right after the ceremony!


And here's a pic of our Rita nominees, Chris and Susan together.
Gotta say, we all clean up really well!
And next year, we WIN!

12 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You did great as a presenter. At least you didn't have to announced Robin Kawczynski's name for the Golden Heart! Love Robin to death, but I struggle with her name very time I say it.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    EVEN IF YOU GUYS DID NOT WIN THIS YEAR YOU ARE ALL WINNERS IN MY BOOK.

    MOM

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Cyndi! Thanks for that...man, looking out into that audience is staggering! Although, at least I finally got on stage! LOL...and I too was relieved to not have to say Robin's last name!

    Mom, thank you!! love you back!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    Yeah you all do clean up good. You all are winners

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Maureen, I'm still bummed that I missed you onstage! Love the pics!

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Maureen, you were a total class act on stage!

    Next year you'll be up there on the receiving end!!!!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said…

    Maureen, I love all your pictures. Yes, I am sad I was not in our group shot. But you guys look totally faboo!

    And what Kate said. Exactly!

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said…

    Oh, and thank you so much, Maureen's Cool Mom!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Christa, thanks!! It was a harrowing night for me...looking out at all those faces. And actually reading from a prompter (which actually look pretty cool from the speaker's POV!)

    Kate....from your mouth....

    Chris my love! There you are!! You looked FABULOUS on Rita night! And you was robbed!!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Dana Belfry said…

    Maureen you were fabulous onstage. Even if you did almost get locked outside before the presentations started. *laughing*

    It was my first national and I had a BLAST!

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger Rhonda Pollero said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger Rhonda Pollero said…

    I'll bet you were amazing - just sorry I missed seeing you present. You guys look stunning as well!
    *Rhonda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home