Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Countdown time.....


Everybody else looking forward to the last Harry Potter book?? I really am, though I'm sorry it's the 'last' one. I suppose I understand why JK's ready to say goodbye. After all, this started as a young adult series for kids.... writing about a grown up Harry wouldn't be the same thing.
Still, hard to say goodbye to characters you love. And terrible to know that she's going to be killing off at least two of the characters we love! Who will it be? Got any guesses?
And did you notice that the Harry Potter movie opens on Friday the 13th?? Coincidence? I think not......

5 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Hey Maureen!! Happy Fourth!!

    Can't wait to read the latest Harry and no, I've got no guesses as to who's going to die. I just wish she didn't have to kill any of our favorites. ;-(

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Kate!!!!!!!!!

    I'm with you all the way, girl.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Maureen!

    We are all big HP fans at our house. In the past, I have read the books aloud--for the whole family...my oldest son is old enough to read it himself this time around so I am not sure how we are going to handle that. Might end up with 2 copies.

    Unfortunately, I think that she will end up killing Harry and "he who should not be named". I have a friend that swears that it ends with the epliogue of Ron and Hermione celebrating the birth of their first child that they name...."Harry".

    I hope that she doesn't kill him--and I certainly didn't want to see Dumbledore die in the last book though either!

    The movie comes out here on Wednesday--my kids will be on vacation--DH and I are trying to decide if we will tell them that Mom and Dad went to see the movie without them. They are going on vacation with their grandparents--so its not like they're not getting something out of the deal...*evil grin*...and we will take them when they get back.

    Have a great weekend!

    Husker Kim

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Husker Kim!! I'm thinking you're my kind of parents!! You could always tell the kids you wanted to check the movie out first! LOL

    I hope she doesn't kill Harry off. Seems like he should get some good things in his life after those miserable Dursleys! And it better not be Ron and Hermione, either! LOL...and I still think Snape is going to be vindicated. I think Dumbledore and he had a plan... Snape's not evil....but then, I loved Spike on Buffy, too!! Wonder what that says about ME???

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    Maureen I agree with you. I think Snape will be vindicated. Remember when he was running into the woods and Harry was going to use illegal magic on him and he didn't allow it, why would he care? I guess we'll see. I have already preordered my copy of the last HP book. I can hardly wait to read it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home