Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, July 16, 2007

Post Conference--still asleep. Sort of....

Well, we're back and everyone I know is exhausted. Conference week is fun, but every day, there's something going on. Somewhere you have to be. Someone you have to meet. And the worst part?? At least for work at home writers who only have to deal with the occasional UPS and FedEx guy??

The pressure of looking good. That's right. For one week out of the year, we have to wear makeup. (And most of us actually have to BUY makeup before conference!) We have to convince our hair to do something other than just hang there and cover our heads. We have to wear clothes that MATCH. We wear high heels instead of flip-flops. We carry purses that are way too small to hold all of our crap but hey...see above...they MATCH.

One of these days, I'll haul my laptop to conference with me, so I can do email and blogs from the hotel, like my good friend Jill Shalvis! But until then, I'll just do a few recaps afterward.

The picture above is me with my pals Susan Mallery and Kate Carlisle on the first official day of conference! (No, you're not going blind. There is no picture up there because Blogger wasn't cooperating! I'll try to edit it in tomorrow. Hey, maybe Blogger's tired, too............)

7 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Maureen, I wanna see the pic!

    Glad you're home, now rest up and make blogger play nice so you can post the pic!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Blogger hates me!! Still trying to load the pic, Jen!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Wendy Doyle said…

    Dear Maureen Child,

    Last week I was in our local library and picked up your new release "More Than Friends" I LOVED IT!!!! I have never laughed, related or been so sexial intrigid in a book before. GREAT JOB!!!! I have told All my girlfriends to go read it. I can't wait to find out what happens next to Cassie Burke. When will the sequal "Just A Fiend" be released?

    PS: I am not a book reader, I just couldn't put it down.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Hey Maureen, nice to know Blogger's still up to its old tricks! Hope you get the pic loaded. Can't wait to see it!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    WOW! Wendy, thank you very much for that terrific comment! You seriously made my day!

    A FIEND IN NEED is right now scheduled to come out in March 08! Please, keep telling your friends!

    Hey Kate!! You look FABULOUS in the pic!!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Wendy Doyle said…

    Maureen,

    I will anxiously be awaiting it's arrival. I think you have taped into a good thing here, please don't stop. It felt so nice to know that someone can relate to my daily struggels as a single mom with all my hats(taxi driver, handy man, fill in dad, friend and business woman). This is why I have told all my girlfriends to get this book, we are all in the same boat. Please let me know if you have any thing else published with the same content, I am hooked!!! Wendy from New Albany, OH

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was SO good to see you and hang out as much as we did. I still can't believe I didn't take a pic of us, and I had my camera in my purse! I was just happy to be with you, I guess!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home