Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, July 30, 2007

Comic-Con


So, I was supposed to be autographing one of my Silhouette Nocturne books at Comic-Con last Friday. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Not so much.
A two hour trip to San Diego took my dh and I THREE hours with the stop and go traffic. And when we finally hit SD, five minutes before my signing was to happen, we couldn't find anywhere to PARK THE CAR.
There were three million people wandering around and not a parking spot to be found! I even tried to get a hotel room (that we wouldn't use) just to have a parking spot. Nope. Hotels all full. I finally had to give up, call my publisher (who was inside waiting for me) and confess that I couldn't get near the Convention Center!!
Note to San Diego.....think about providing spill over parking for your HUGE events!! Note to self.....if you're asked to sign again next year, which I would LOVE, go the day before. And book a hotel room six weeks in advance!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Dana Belfry said…

    Oh my gosh that's TERRIBLE Maureen! I've heard Comic Con is anarchy but that's the worst kind of disappointment!

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Dana..........it really was! I was so frustrated. I could SEE the place, but couldn't get near it! And man, it would've been fun!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    Maureen:
    That sounds just awful. I don't like crowds to begin with, so I literally shuddered as I read your blog.

    Next year!!

    E

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Erica! I'm not a crowd fan either. I had claustrophobia on the stupid freeway, I swear! And San Diego was just a mess!! Next year..I've learned now. I can do this!!

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I absolutely HATE HATE HATE stop and go traffic. I had all I wanted of that when we lived in Memphis. Now where I live, a traffic jam is having to wait 2 minutes to turn at a light!

    It sounds like your drive awful...and frustrating. I'm assuming you didn't make it for the signing. Bet you had some disappointed fans.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Cyndi....Nope, never got to the signing. I felt awful about it, too. But could NOT get there! Soooo frustrating. Your town sounds like my kind of place!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home