Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mini Break..........


So, my mom came in for a few days and since she lives pretty much in the middle of hot, dry country, she had a yen to see the beach again!
She grew up at the ocean and really misses it, so off we went. The surfers were plentiful--the waves, not so much. Still, it was gorgeous out. We had lunch at Ruby's at the end of the Huntington Beach pier and then just did some wave watching.
A mini break from the deadline crunch. Unless you're my editor, in which case, I never left the house--in fact, I'm still chained to my computer!!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOOKING AT THE PICTURE MAKES ME FEEL COOL ALL OVER AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE TIME BY THE WATER, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE BLUE PACIFIC.

    LOVE,
    MOM

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL....Hi Mom!! Thanks for the break! I enjoyed it, too...

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Looks like a fun day for you and your mom, Maureen. I love the beach!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Jen!

    Oh, I love it too. ONly my favorite is a winter beach! There's hardly anyone there and the water looks like steel. With a sharp wind and storm surf, it just doesn't get better than that!

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    Niagara Falls looks cool in the winter too. Because of the mist everything has ice on it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home