Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Shopping With a Little Heart............


Yep, it's that time again. I can hardly believe it myself. But the truth is, Christmas is almost upon us and already most of us are thinking about the shopping to come.
So, to help you out, I've got a suggestion.... go here and buy some truly spectacular jewelry and watches made by women who could really use your help!
African Hope Crafts is a small business run in South Africa by Bill and Anne Eames. Anne used to write Desires for Silhouette...but now she and her husband live and work in Africa.
The jewelry and watches you'll find on their home page is handmade by women suffering from HIV and AIDS. They earn a good living and create something gorgeous that you can share with everyone you love! Most of the earrings sell for 5 dollars, bracelets sell for 6 dollars and the necklaces for 11 dollars and watches usually for 20. They're very reasonable and if you go to the site, I know you'll find something you love.
As long as we're shopping...why not buy from those who really need our business??

2 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Maureen, what a great idea and a wonderful cause. Thanks so much for the link...I'm going shopping!

    And by the way, I seriously can't believe Christmas is only a month or so away. I know it makes me sounds old to say it, but -- where does the time go?

    Sigh.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate, right there with ya!! Where'd the whole damn year go??? I felt old saying that too, until I heard a twenty something saying the same thing at the store. Made me feel a little better! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home