Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Celebrating!


I've been doing some celebrating the last couple of weeks.
First, my good friend Kate Carlisle sold her first book! Yes, I already told you about this, but it's worth mentioning again! She's worked for years toward this moment and I know she's taking the time to do her happy dance as she should!
But there's more cause for jubilation! Another good friend, Jen Apodaca has sold her first paranormal series to Ballantine! (By the way, I read the proposal and it's fabulous. Cannot WAIT for it to be on the shelves!) Yes, this wasn't a first sale, but the celebration is just as fabulous. Because Jen, like every other good writer out there, keeps pushing herself. She tries new things, explores new ways of writing, finds new stories and is continually searching for the next step in her career.
And that's what we celebrate. Not just the sale, but the conviction. The persistence. The stubborn realization that writing isn't what we DO but who we ARE. It doesn't matter if we're rejected. Okay, sure, it hurts. It can even immobilize--temporarily. But it can't stop us.
Because as writers, all we can do is write. As dreamers, all we can do is imagine the next story. And as sisters in the trenches, all we can do is celebrate each other's triumphs!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    What a beautiful way to say it, Maureen!

    And thanks for continuing the celebration! It really is exciting, isn't it? I know I'm still happy dancing. And I can't wait to read Jen's new series!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh, Kate, this is mega exciting!! I'm so thrilled for you and for Jen, I'm darn near speechless! And since you both know how rare that is, you can truly appreciate it!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Thank you Maureen! You were a big help in getting that proposal ready. We don't really do this alone, do we?

    I love "Sisters in the trenches" it's so true.

    I'm really excited for Kate! Her series is going to be awesome.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Jen!! YOUR series is going to be GREAT, too!! I'm just so excited for my friends!

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    Wow . . . how exciting! I love "first sale" stories!
    E

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Erica! Oh, me too! And trust me, we've been celebrating!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home