Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas in California........


Yep, here in Southern California we do things a little differently. Santa's been known to skateboard to houses and instead of a chimney, he's likely to leave presents alongside the outdoor fire pit.

But you know what? The season's the same wherever we are. And Santa's just as busy here on the beach as he is every where else.

And so am I......plus, I'm guessing you guys are all so busy you don't have time to stop and think, let alone read. But on the off chance you've dropped by to say howdy.......tell me what you're doing for Christmas this year. Are you the host of a big family party? Are you going to one? Or do you get to curl up alone with a glass of wine and Christmas tree lights?

Whatever you're up to, I hope you're all enjoying the season.....................

7 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd admit to being so busy I've been unable to read AT ALL, not to mention write.

    Christmas - sister and family coming to town. We'll be doing our gift exchange on the 23rd. Then, jumping into the car and hauling it to Memphis to see hubby's family. Will spend the 24th with them, and jump back in the car that evening and heading home. Then, I plan a LOOONG nap for the 25th! LOL

    How's the shopping going?

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    Hi Maureen:
    I'm usually the throw a big bash kind of gal. But this year has been horrible--one daughter in the hospital (home now), three of us with strep throat, two with the stomach flu. I am so behind on holiday stuff . . . I can't see straight. Not to mention deadlines. I'm just trying to get in the Christmas spirit.
    E

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Cyndi.........Oh yeah, that sounds WAY too busy for me! LOL... My daughter's doing the big Christmas Day thing at her own house this year!! Woo Hoo...so I can just show up, eat and go home.

    ERICA!! You poor baby! What a miserable way for your holidays to be shaping up. Hugs to you and all of your kids and your cutie...hope daughter home from hospital is doing MUCH better!!

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    I love the picture of Santa surfing!

    Christmas shopping -- I did it all in one day online! It literally took *all day* with my horde of a family.....but it's done now! Yeah! I know it doesn't sound very "Christmas-spirity," does it? But I've got my first real deadline coming up and I'm a little freaked out this year! LOL.

    Oh, let me just add, I'm extremely grateful to be able to say "I've got a deadline" for the first time ever! :-)

    Happy holidays, Maureen and everyone! Erica, hope your family's feeling better soon! :-)

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Kate! Very un spirited to do it online....but hey, nobody's sneezing on you!

    You'll make your deadline, girl...

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas and A Prosperous New Year!
    Christmas Eve lunch with Grandpa in law, Christmas Eve with my mom and brothers, Christmas morning @ home with my kids and hubby then we get ready and go to his Grandparents house to meet up with the rest of his family for some good eating!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Candy my love, you too sound WAY busy!! But how nice to have a lot of family. Funny, we appreciate them more at Christmas, don't we??

    Merry Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home