Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

One Pooped Puppy.........

No, this is not my puppy. He's just illustrating my point.

Anybody else need a nap??

Did the holidays whip you down until you cried 'Uncle'?? Did me. And now here we are in a brand spanking New Year and it hardly seems possible 07 is gone! Where'd it go?

Did I have fun?

Did you?

I don't do resolutions. Waaaayyyy too depressing if I don't keep 'em. But I do like to make a few promises at the beginning of the year. Things like, read more. Take more walks. Hug my family more often. Try not to give advice that nobody really wants. (That's a toughie)..... What about you?

In the first week of this brand new year, are you making promises to you?

7 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I haven't been making resolutions, but did this year...some targets for me to aim for. Otherwise, I'll be wandering aimlessly.

    I don't know where 2007 went, or 2006 or 2005 for that matter. The years are passing too quickly now.

    Tired - yep. Took a nice long nap this afternoon :)

    For 2008, I will be working on a paranormal for Nocturne. Have two category-targeted romances to get out of the way. (One of them has finaled twice this fall in contests, so I need to be that sucker shined up and off to an editor even if the final judges don't request a full)

    To find out if you're really sleep deprived...

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/sheep/

    and
    http://www.smmc.com/Epworth-Sleepiness-Scale.105.0.html
    (You have to scroll down the page to find this)

    Have fun with the sheep

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Yes! I'm exhausted! The amazing thing is that this time, I've gone right back to writing. Which I sure was thanks to your advice, Maureen, so don't stop giving advice!

    I don't have set resolutions this year.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Cyndi......I like it! Setting goals is a good way to start off the year! And I want to be able to celebrate that first sale with you!!

    Aw, Jen.........thanks for that! Good to know SOMEBODY listened to me!!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    I'm utterly exhausted, but yes, I made a slew of resolutions. And so far, so good. ;-)
    E

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Erica.....yay you on the resolution front! I usually find a way to discount them in the very first week.....

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Hey, I'm late! Sorry. But I suddenly had this strange feeling that the earth was tipping on its axis...and now I know why. Maureen, NOT giving advice? Noooooooo way!!! LOL. Don't ever give that up!! How would I know what to do about anything?? :-)

    Happy New Year, everybody! My wish for y'all is that you always have a great friend who's willing to give you good advice...whether you want it or not!!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Awww, Kate!!! That's so sweet! Thank you! Now get back to your pages!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home