Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, May 11, 2007

Another crabby moment...


Ah, a bad week for me, clearly. Sorry about this, but I have another mini-rant......feel free to pass me by and find a perkier, shiny happy blog!!
What is it with manufacturers? Why does everything have to be New and Improved? What's wrong with Tried and True??
Everytimg I find a product I love, they let me use it for a couple years, get accustomed to it and then....it disappears. Into that black hole of marketing where good stuff goes to be replaced by NEW stuff!!
Detergents I like? Gone. Tennis shoes I love? Gone. These stupid foam practice golf balls my dh loves? Gone. His favorite sunglasses/sports glasses? Gone. Now I'm forced to spend a lot of time on the internet trying to find these much loved items so I can order them and pay outrageous amounts of money to have them delivered to my door. While New and Improved remain unpurchased on the shelves.
I want to go to the Black Hole Market. I want to shop there. I'll know my way around. And everything they stock, I'm sure to love............

9 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said…

    Oh, Maureenie, I so relate. Rant away. What I really hate is... Waaaa! They discontinued my fave shampoo.

    How could they do that? I loved that shampoo. But hey. New and Better....

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Waaaa!! Chris, they discontinued MINE, too!!! Fine, fine.. new and improved soap! But they discontinued my favorite tee shirt now, too!! They've put SPANDEX in them now and I don't want my tee shirts clinging to me.....It's just not good for the world!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Sign me up for this rant! And let me add a rant--all the stuff my grocery store stops carrying. The latest victim is my favorite lotion. I like my tried and true brands and I like buying it all in one place!

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Jen!! YES! I had a favorite kind of ham, tartar sauce and even a certain kind of veggie....GONE. sigh.

    When I find the Black Hole Market, I'll call you!! We'll go together!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MAUR, YOU FORGOT A BIGGIE, HUNTS CHILI BEANS, I REALLY AM UPSET WITH HUNTS FOR NOT MAKING THEM ANYMORE MY CHILI DOES NOT TASTE THE SAME AT ALL.

    THIS WAS A GREAT RANT, AND I REALLY ENJOYED READING IT AND YOU SURE MADE ME LAUGH!!! BE SURE AND POST ON YOUR BLOG WHEN YOU FIND THE BLACK HOLE.

    MOM
    MOM

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    Maureen:
    I had the PERFECT shade of Lancome lipstick. Perfect. PERFECT! It was this lipstick that went with everything, that I didn't have to think about. Slap it on, look glam, out the door. Discontinued.

    Same with Shisedo. I used all their products and went one day . . . NONE of them were there--"Oh, we reformulated the entire line. If you tell us the stuff you used to use . . . we'll figure out what you should use in the new line." Give me a friggin' break.

    So now? I don't use EITHER of those brands. Maybe it's stubborness, but I just felt . . . betrayed! LOL!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    MOM......I know!! YOu taught me to make chili and now I can't get the right beans!! What's up with that?

    Erica! I feel your pain...and LOL, it IS a betrayal! They suck us in, make us love them, then spit us back out!!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger sdpenson said…

    Oh yeah I am on this rant with you!!! Lipsticks, lotion, sneakers, jeans...I have lost due to this continuing black hole..they call marketing.

    Now I work with marketing every single day ..my job..and I will tell you that I could squeeze them for every new idea they come up with.

    If they dare go after my favorite shows NCIS and House...you will hear a primal scream that will reach to Botswana!!

    Please continue your rants, I love them!!!

    Sandy

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    AARGH, Sandy!!! JEANS! My favorites at the Gap?? GONE...... sigh.

    and I LOVE NCIS! Dont' watch House, but NCIS, love it.. hmm. Could Mark Harmon have something to do with that?? =)

    Glad to know the rants don't put people off, because boy, have I got 'em!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home