Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, June 17, 2011

The Dreaded Shopping



I loathe shopping.


I can't be the only one, right? I'm shopping for a few new things for RWA national conference and let me tell you....I'd rather face thirteen successive deadlines all within two weeks. Sigh.


So I tried to avoid stores by shopping online. BIG mistake. Worst part, the stuff never looks like the picture. Of course, the women in the pictures always look happy and shiny like the girl above. So then I end up not only not liking the stuff, but having to bundle it up and take it to the post office.


And THERE'S an exercise in futility. Twenty people in line and one woman behind the counter acting like she's on vacation in Tahiti...okay, clearly I'm too crabby to be blogging today!


How about you? Any shopping horror stories you'd like to share?


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:04 AM, Blogger Lacey Devlin said…

    I don't buy clothes online for that exact reason. I also hate shopping for a specific event. There seems to be a rule that what you're looking for won't be available then.

    Happy shopping ;-)

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    That rule totally applies to me, Lacey. EVERY time. Went to the mall today. Just hideous....

    Going to be needing some wine soon.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Lacey Devlin said…

    Perhaps take wine with you? Now, there's a thought!

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous pat said…

    I don't like shopping either. I only go when I NEED something. Just yesterday I went shopping for jeans. When I came out of Sears, I felt like I had been in the dentist's chair for about three hours!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home