Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Why is it........





so I've got these cracks in a few of the windows at my house. What can I say? Kids throw footballs, basketballs, footballs, other kids...never mind.


Anyway, call a glass repair guy finally after threatening everyone at my house that if they break another window I'm going to start breaking people.


Glass place doesn't answer their phone. What? Do they not know how this whole thing works? Phones ring, they answer, I write a check.


Two more times I call. Still nothing. They've been in business, their ad says, since 1975. How is that possible if they don't answer the phone? Or hey, answering machine mean anything to you guys? Email? Nada.


Call someone else. Lookit that! They answered. An actual person!! Very exciting. They're coming out to give me an estimate and I'm thinking I'll go with them no matter what.


They're real people.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Lacey Devlin said…

    LOL! So funny. When you get those real people you need to keep a good hold on them.

    May you never have another broken window.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thank you, Lacey! I swear, if one more kid breaks one more window.... well, there's a threat in there somewhere!

    And seriously. It shouldn't be this hard to find real people! LOL

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous pat said…

    I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Whenever something needs doing at the house, I practically break out in hives from the stress. Half of the time the person coming over to give the estimate, doesn't even show up. Why are these people in buisness, if they aren't going to show any interest?

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    THANK you Pat!! Exactly! Why bother with an ad online if you're not there???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home