Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, March 25, 2011

RITA finalist



Found out today I'm a finalist for the RITA award for my story The Wrong Brother in last December's UNDER THE MILLIONAIRE'S MISTLETOE!

The RITA award is like the Oscars for romance writers, so it actually is an honor to be nominated!

The RITA will be presented this July at our national conference. To be honest, there are some fabulous writers in my category...not to mention, the wonderful Sandra Hyatt who was in this anthology with me is also nominated...so I'm not really expecting to win.

But, boy it's nice to have something you worked so hard on noticed by your peers.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Lacey Devlin said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!! I was so excited to see your name on the list!

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Anonymous pat said…

    Wow! Isn't it great, getting rewarded for all your hard work?

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thank you Lacey! I was excited, too! LOVE being nominated for the RITA and one of these days, maybe I'll bring home the gold!

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Pat, it's terrific when your hard work gets noticed.....=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home