Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Next Book



A little shameless self promotion never hurt anybody, right? So here's mine.

This is my next release...due out in May. KING'S MILLION DOLLAR SECRET.

Lots of people ask me where I get my ideas. This one was born in my kitchen. While it was being gutted...... sigh. Yes, it's a kitchen makeover book! And most of what happens to that poor kitchen happened in mine! LOL

Just got back from plot group, with Susan Mallery, Kate Carlisle, Christine Rimmer and Teresa Southwick. We spent five days plotting ten books and came home victorious and exhausted.

How about you? What's new? What's going on??

6 Comments:

  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger Tessa Radley said…

    My kitchen needs a makeover...! Hint. LOL. Seriously, sounds like a great book, look forward to reading it.

    And...sounds like you had a lot of fun at plot group.

    Tessa

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Tessa!! God......the kitchen is gorgeous, but what a FREAKING NIGHTMARE that was!!

    Water off. Water on. Gas off. Electircity off. OOH! Pipe leaking!!

    We did have a great time at plot group....still tired from the great time!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Lacey Devlin said…

    LOL! Do you think you'll ever renovate a room again?

    KMDS sounds fabulous as does five days of plotting. Was there wine? I bet there was wine!

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous pat said…

    I always hear people say, how they will NEVER forget what it was like to renovate their home. I guess if you want it badly enough, you just have to grit your teeth. I would probably be spending months at the dentist afterwards.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Lacey, ohhhhh........what a horrific six weeks it was! LOL, but so worth it. I still walk into the kitchen and say, I love this room!

    And oh my...there was lots of wine. And tequila. And vodka...=)

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Pat, there's the dentist for teeth grinding. There's the higher sugar and wine bill and there's the nightmare of having strangers in your house with you for six weeks.

    But in the end, there's that shiny new kitchen.......sigh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home