Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, June 11, 2010

Remodeling woes....




Oh, I've been a bad, bad blogger!

My only excuse is crazy deadlines and cleaning out my kitchen getting ready for remodel HELL.

Not going to be pretty, I know. It's already fairly ugly, truthfully. I've spent a lot of time over the last three weeks cleaning out cupboards that should have been sealed shut and never looked in again. Seriously.

There are some scary things in the dark corners of cupboards. I think, that the crapola actually breeds in the night. There's no other explanation.

Monday morning at 8 a.m., the wrecking crew arrives to do the DEMO as they called it. I'm thinking that's more demolition than demonstration. The saws, the hammers, the crashing and banging is going to be so conducive to writing, don't you think?

I'm seeing a writing trip to Starbucks in my immediate future.

14 Comments:

  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Lacey Devlin said…

    How much do you need a kitchen, really?

    The idea of cleaning out my cupboards makes my eye twitch so I think I'll put it off until next weekend... or year...

    I see earplugs in your future ;)

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never remodeled, but I hear it can be pretty stressful. I hope everything goes smoothly, so it doesn't take any longer then it has to.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not anonymous. It's me Pat. And even if I DID want to change my name, I wouldn't choose that :-)

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    I'm going to try again, and see if I'm still nameless.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Oh, there we go. Much better.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh, Lacey.....it got seriously ugly today. AFTER drinking a pot of coffee, they turned my water and hence...my BATHROOM off!! Yee gods.....suddenly, my tacky old kitchen's looking pretty good!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Anonymous...er...Pat!! wonder what happened??

    Oh, going to post a picture or two of my hideous kitchen.....it's amazing.

    I've always known men were good at destruction. but this is amazing.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said…

    Um. Hello. Sink missing. All that's left is the faucet. Isn't home improvement fun. (@#$%^&!) My heart goes out to you, Maureenie. Yep. Head for Starbucks...

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said…

    Oh, and congrats on the stellar placement of Last Lone Wolf in the USA Today list! Very nice.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Chrissie!! Thanks for the USA Today love! =)

    Oh, the kitchen.........Oh, the mess......Oh, the getting up too damn early!!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    testing

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Pat said…

    Did you really end up going to Starbucks?

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Pat said…

    Did you really end up going to Starbucks?

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger yanmaneee said…

Post a Comment

<< Home