Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hmmmmmmmmmmm


So is it just me or is Target taking over the world? Not that I mind, really, but I don't like a sneak attack. Be up front about it. TELL me you're planning world domination. I'll help. Really.
I was at Target today. What's the deal all of a sudden with the Grocery Coming Soon? Why is Target going to be a grocery store now? Put a bigger Starbucks in there and I'll never go home! What kind of conspiracy is this, anyway?

Target is a dream store. I went in to get some printer ink--but first I had to pass the summer earrings. Big Blue Hoops. 'Nough said. Anyway, then I went off and they've shifted aisles around--which is so frustrating, because I used to be able to find my way around my fave Target with my eyes closed. Made shopping more difficult, but I like a challenge. NOW I'm wandering around thinking about dropping bread crumbs.

And while I'm wandering lost, I'm PUTTING STUFF IN MY BASKET! Which was probably the whole idea behind remodeling.

So I got more books, of course. And then birthday cards--why was everyone I know born within a three month span??--then new pens, because I have a thing for pens. Then, look a new cosmetic counter. Lipstick? You can always use more. Then I had a firm talk with myself and headed for the printer ink...I would not be distracted again.

Did you know they have these really cute spring glassware out? Very nice and a pitcher to go with it. And you can always use new towels. The colors are gorgeous. Hey, I broke that baking dish last week and there's one just like it! The basket's getting a little heavy, but it's okay. It's all stuff I need.

Summer nightgowns. It's been hot here lately and why not get them now? Oooh. And candles. I love those. And the frames I was supposed to buy two weeks ago.

Tired, I need some coffee. Decide to just checkout and then hit Starbucks. Get it all paid for, lugged out to the car and stowed in the trunk despite the car groaning a little as I load up the bags. Doesn't matter. It's done. Hop in the car, drive to the bigger Starbucks that has the doughnuts! Get my order, relax a little with the latte then drive home.

Have dh help unload the bags and cart them all inside, while ignoring his muttered, "What did you buy??"

Put it all away, sit down to finish my latte--realize I forgot the printer ink.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Oh my god, did you really buy ALL that stuff?? I'm going to have to think about the rest, because this blog has left my head spinning.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Target is a VERY dangerous place, Pat...I'm just sayin'

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Pat said…

    I keep thinking there's something wrong with me, because it's very easy for me to go into that store, and not buy anthing. I end up wandering around, while my friend does her shopping. The two things that interest me, are the books, and the popcorn. Well now I'm starting to feel left out. I WANT to like Target!!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    You have to TRY harder, Pat!! There's a Target Spirit that envelops you when you walk inside... ahhhh

    We need to get you into Target mode!

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    I hear what you're saying, but I only feel that way about Borders. WHAAAH!!!! Now look at me, I'm a soggy mess.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOLOL.............ah Pat, we'll bond over Borders, then!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home