Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Crafting


Well, I've been on a crafting binge lately.

Maybe it's because I've become a rabid fan of Suzanne McMinn's website, Chickens In The Road. She's also a romance writer--and a couple of years ago, she packed up her kids and moved to a small farm near her family in rural West Virginia.

She's been discovering the country life and exploring her own talents and I'm telling you, once you read her blogs, you'll be hooked.

Well, the upshot is, reading about Suzanne's adventures reawakened my own passions for crafts. I found a pattern for a crocheted dishcloth on her site and liked the pattern so much, I expanded it! That's a picture of the final product up there. I made my dh a blanket with soft, thick yarn that turned out so cozy it makes you want to curl up for a nap. (after reading a good book, of course).

Now, I'm thinking I'll pull out my candle making pots and scents and wicks and wax and make a new store of home poured candles.

So is it just Winter, I wonder, that's behind all of this nesting? Clouds and cooler weather do inspire the urge to get cozy. So maybe when Summer rolls around, I won't be so eager to dive into my hobbies.

Guess I'd better enjoy it while I can.

How about you? Fun hobbies you feel like sharing?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Tessa Radley said…

    Maureen, that looks beautiful!

    I followed Suzanne's blog for a while then changed computers and forgot to check the link! Thanks for the reminder...

    I'm a wannabee crafter LOL. But before I start doing any crafts I've got the inside of the house to paint. So I've been spending time eyeing the light and wall colors--and wrinkling my nose at the thought of dirty, paint-stained hands and hair. I can't seem to help getting paint in my hair!

    Tessa

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Tessa!! and if you click on the picture, it gets bigger! LOL..

    LOVE Suzanne's blog. i'm totally addicted!

    Oh God, the paint thing. Last time, I had the plastic down, the roller pan neatly on top of it, stepped back to check my progress and yes. Stepped into the roller pan.....good times!

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Lacey Devlin said…

    It's gorgeous in the small pic but I did the whole click on the picture and make it bigger and how soft does it look! If I were dh I'd keep both eyes on it or it might disappear... ;)

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Lacey......oh, he's keeping an eye on it. I have to wait till he leaves the room to grab it. It really IS soft. Hmm....might have to make me one of my own.....

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    I'm mucho lousy at crafts, so I would rather use my spare time reading. This way, I can't do any damage to the house, and my friends won't have to cringe in horror when I offer them a demented looking home made gift.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOLOL..........Pat, you crack me up! And reading--GREAT hobby! And clearly a safer one, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home