Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Researching



I'm doing all the polish work on my dark paranormal romance. And you know what my favorite part of the whole business is?

Research.

Yep, me, who was never a fan of school or God knows, HOMEWORK, I love the research.

Especially this part. I'm going in and adding bits and pieces of reality to my fictional story and having to make it as absolutely real as possible.

Well, the picture is of Manorbier castle in Wales. My hero and heroine head here, looking for safety and find a big surprise. But oh, how I love this castle. It was built in the 12th century and it's still standing, which you've just got to admire. There's also a 'modern' house at the castle, built in the 1900's, that you can rent by the week. Have to say, I've already warned the dh that there's a trip to Wales in our future!

If you'd like to see some amazing pictures of this gorgeous castle, click HERE

And meanwhile, do you have a dream place you want to go? Or do you have a favorite place you have been? Tell me about it.........

8 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Lacey Devlin said…

    It's an incredible castle. I'd love to see one up close. I wouldn't be too upset if someone bought one for me either...

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Me neither, Lacey! And ooh, you've got to see a castle up close and personal. You really CAN hear the past echoing in the stones.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    When my husband was in the Air Force, he got sent to Spain for a year and a half. While we were there, I did get to see some fabulous castles, museums, and monestaries. That was back in 1975-76. Since we can't afford that kind of travel, I'm making an effort to go to nearby places that I've never explored. For instance, two weeks ago, we made plans to meet a friend of mine, who I've known since grade school, in La Jolla. She lives in that area, and I've never been there, so it was a great idea. Those ocean views were the "star of the show", I tell you.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    I've never been to Spain, Pat. But I've spent a lot of time in Scotland and Ireland and England and Oh my, how I love it over there!

    But on the La Jolla front?? How could you never have been there? LOL did you take the coast drive? Go down to the tidal pools? So gorgeous.....

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Yes, I know it's crazy. We've been to San Juan Capistrano, and San Diego, but never THERE. Kind of like we kept shooting around it. My friend took us to a place she referred to as "the cove", and we could walk right down to the rocks. The ocean was just a few inches away. On a big rock nearby, were some sea lions napping. We stayed to watch the sunset, and I managed to get some pretty good pictures of that.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh, the cove is GREAT. Like a world apart. And you know, I grew up here too and I've never been to Tijuana!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Pat said…

    I've been to Tijuana only once. And that was about twenty years ago. To see the same friend that we spent the day with in La Jolla. Her family used to have a house there. After her father died, they moved to Chula Vista. I remember there being a major tourist area that we walked around in. It was considered THE place to go. It was fun, but once was enough for me. I heard recently, that Tijuana isn't at all what it used to be.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Yeah, think I missed my window! LOL.....trip to Mexico doesn't seem like a good idea anymore!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home