Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, August 07, 2008

More conference.......





Probably my last conference post......Just so you know, if you're getting bored, it's almost over.
The shot on the left is of one of the giant screens in the ballroom at the San Francisco Marriott. RITA night. Saturday, the last big hurrah of conference. Where all the writers who live and work in jeans, sweats and tee shirts all year pull out all the stops, throw on the tiaras and come out to play!
Below, there's a picture of me, Susan Mallery and Kate Carlisle, all prepared for the big night. We were sparkly and ready for fun. Nope, I didn't get the RITA that night, but I had a great time anyway.







Of course, the festivities (party wise) get off to a big start on Friday night. Publisher Party Night is almost as big as RITA night. And the best party, hands down, every single year, is thrown by Harlequin! NOBODY misses that party...

This year, it was in the ballroom at the Four Seasons and they'd really pulled out all the stops. The decorations were amazing and the chocolate fountain was once again the favored place to be!

Plus, I got a prize this year. A pin for 50 books at Silhouette. Love badge jewelry! And if any of my friends actually got a GOOD picture of me getting that pin, I promise to post it!!

Next week, it's back to History Monday, Great Quotes and on Fridays, it's gonna be Book Day...











12 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Pat said…

    Well it's always fun to get a chance to "glam" it up now and again. Don't you think?

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh, it really is. Except for the walking in heels thing. My God, we were ALL limping and whimpering by the end of the week.

    We're writers. We SIT!!

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look marvelous, darlin'! LOL

    Why or why do we torture ourselves with 4 inch heels?

    Thanks for sharing the pics for those of us who couldn't be there.

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Okay, I'm still working on the diet. Sheesh. Otherwise, it's a great photo! :-)

    Everyone did look beautiful on Rita night! But seriously, no more heels 'til next year!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Cyndi, thanks.....it ain't easy getting us to wear THOSE shoes, boy!!

    And I plan on taking lots more pictures in DC....I expect to take a pic of YOU with a First Sale ribbon!!

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate my darling.......you looked soooo gorgeous!!! diet schmiet!!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Even though I'm only 5'1, I REFUSE to do heels. I've heard to many "horror" stories. I would rather stay close to the ground, thank you.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Pat......I hear ya. I'm basically a peasant. Give me flip flops or barefoot and I'm happy.

    Although, staying close to the ground is not a guarantee of safety. Case in point.

    WAs weeding out front. Barefoot, stepped the wrong way getting up, sprained something and am now sitting with a bag o' peas attached to my foot!! Good times.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Weeding is evil. I personally, hate having to do it. I hope your foot will be feeling better soon.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Aww, fantastic picture of the three of you. You guys are stunning, gorgeous!

    And hey, CONGRATS again for the 50 books at Silhouette! Awesome!!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Pat......weeding is just WRONG. On so many levels. now they're attacking ME!!

    Michele, thank you!! We did sorta clean up pretty well, didn't we? And thanks for the congrats on the 50 books, too.......how's the proposal??

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    The new proposal is coming along smoothly! I'm so excited about this story. Almost there, though. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home