Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Quote for the day.......



It's my Quote of the Day............

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..... Mark Twain


Yep, and that's him there on the left. Most of us think of Mark Twain as the grizzled old guy with the flyaway white hair and the cigar chomped in his mouth. I like to think of him like this. Riding a river boat and thinking up more of his wonderful stories.

But this quote is a favorite of mine. It tells me that it doesn't matter how big your opposition is--you just have to be tougher.

So when you're fighting rejection slips or un-returned calls and emails from editors and agents, just growl to yourself and remember that the important thing here is just how much fight is in YOU.

Are you going to crawl away licking your wounds? Or are you going to keep fighting? Me?? I like the fight. And to paraphrase one of my other favorite authors, Louis L'amour...... I just don't have a lot of backup in me.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    Oh, FANTASTIC quote!! And an excellent reminder to keep up the good fight.

    Thanks, Maureen!

    MC

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thanks Michele! I do love a good quote........

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the quote. Have to think/find one that fits my life better than, "oh crap. I did what?" :)

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL, Cyndi.....that quote of yours would fit MY life pretty well, too!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    I love Inspirational Wednesdays, so why did it take me until Friday to get here? I'm losing track of days lately!

    Love the quote! I got a lot of dog-fight in me :-)

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Jen........we're ALL losing track of days here lately. it's the whole conference thing.....and it's only going to get worse! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home