Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thank You!!


First, a big THANK YOU to all of you who went out and bought a copy of FALLING FOR KING'S FORTUNE, the third book in my King brothers trilogy from Silhouette!

Because of YOU, that book debuted at Number ONE on the Walden's bestseller list and stayed there for two weeks! Seriously, big thank you!

And for my latest news.......Tomorrow, I make a lengthy trek on the 405 freeway to Los Angeles..... BEA that's Book Expo America is at the LA convention center.

For book people, this is the circus come to town! Every publisher takes a booth to show off their authors and their lists. Writers fill the hall, there are free books, publicity info, marketing seminars, printers, book mark makers, there are fabulous new goodies every year and it would take a week to see it all!

This year, I'm signing my June Desire at the Harlequin booth and then I'll be wandering the aisles, picking up new books and looking for the latest and greatest.........only THIS year, I'm wearing comfy shoes!!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Diah said…

    Congratulations Maureen!!!

    Too bad I'm millions of miles away from the Book Expo or I would be lining up at the Harlequin booth *sighs*

    Keep up the good work!!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thank you, Diah!

    Had a GREAT time at BEA. The Harlequin booth is always packed with fabulous authors and amazing readers. I got to meet so many nice people!

    Then I think I walked at least fifty miles!! All the while picking up free books and limping along to the next booth!

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Diah said…

    Hahaha, a nice long session of foot massage would sound real nice after that walk. Though I bet you enjoyed every minute of it :D

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL, oh, I really did, Diah. But boy, a foot massage would have been AWESOME!!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do we get a report on BEA???

    Hey - it's Monday... Where's our history report? I'm going to have to subtract from your final grade for a late report! LOL LOL

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey, Cyndi!!

    Yes, it's late, but History Monday is up and running.....let's see how much you can come up with to top me! =)

    BEA was fabulous and I'll do a blog on it by Wednesday, I swear!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All three of your Kings of California books were great..can't wait for the next one!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LeeAnn.....Thank you!! You made my day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home