Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Oh a big day..........


So you remember when I was talking about how things all go downhill at once??

Well, my poor car, (her name is Casey) had to go to the car doctor. Now my car NEVER has to go to the shop. She's very good. A hard worker who never complains. (Much like her owner, but I digress...)

Anyway, it was a very tidy fortune to pick her up, but her insides were now so pretty and new, I decided Casey needed to be pretty on the outside, too! So off to the carwash....it's been awhile, okay? Poor Casey needed a bath and some vacuuming BAD.......

Like a nervous mommy, I stood at the windows, watching as my poor, dirty baby started down the track through the car wash and I swear....the minute that warm, soapy water hit Casey....her metal shivered. I like to think she was excited--but to be honest, she might have been scared. It's been awhile.........But now Casey's home, all clean and shiny and snuggled up in the garage next to her brother--the dh's car. And all is right with the world...........for now.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Her metal shivered? Bwhahaha!!! Maureen, you need to get out more! Glad your car is all better.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Maureen,

    I had my Tahoe washed the other day and when we came out the back window was broken. Water in the very back area everywhere. I am not happy:( I'm glad your car is fine.

    I finished Falling For Kings Fortune at four this morning. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. How long do we have to wait for the King cousins? FYI, I am not a patient person:)

    Gena

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL Jen.....poor Casey was trembling!! I swear!!

    And yes, she's well enough that I'll be at the meeting on Saturday!!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Gena, OHMIGOD!!! Did you raise hell with those incompetent boobs??? Your poor car.....and poor YOU!!

    But thank you for the King compliments!! =) Ah...the next King won't be out till 09....

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    09? Maureen that's waaaay too long. That just ruined my already bad day:(

    No, I didn't raise hell. My husband is the one to do that.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Well, we've got a few other books before then, so hopefully, you'll enjoy them, too!

     
  • At 2:29 AM, Blogger Diah said…

    hahaha, I don't know why but I kept picturing your car as my cat that jumps out every time I'm giving her a bath

    I've got and read Jackson's story btw. Love it - certainly enjoying the Casey hunting part ;)

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Diah, LOL, if Casey could have jumped out of the water, I think she would have!! And oooh, washing a cat? You're way braver than I am!!

    And thanks for that on Jackson's book! I admit I had a great time doing the Casey hunt!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home