Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Quotes..........


Well, you know as a writer, I tend to flip-flop around on the ol' confidence meter.

Every time I type the words Chapter One, I feel that twinge of what-if-I-can't-do-it-this-time. Happens with every book. From the first one right up to this one, number 101...Yes, a hundred books and I'm still the whimpering mess that all writers are under the heart of it.

So I'm going to be using quotes on this blog. Every week, I'm going to find a quote that bolsters the spirit. That reminds us why we keep trying.

And for my first one.........a beauty by Winston Churchill......

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

And isn't that what we all need to remember? Just keep going. Head down. Moving forward, because really?? Retreat is sooooooooooooooo not an option!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Great quote! So true. It's the courage to keep going that makes the difference.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hey Jen.....thanks for coming back! LOL.....

    yep, I'm big on quotes...=) and that one's a beaut!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Oh, I like your new "quotes" day! And that's a good one to start with because yeah, there is no alternative but to go forward. Even though....yikes!! Scary!

    Happy holiday to all!!

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thanks, Kate!! Happy Fourth!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home