Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, June 16, 2008

History Day...........


There's a 'Gibson Girl' on the left and yes, there is a point to this.

1883, the New York Giants admitted all ladies free to their baseball park on the very first Ladies Day. And you can bet most of them were dressed like that. Looks damned uncomfortable to me........

1922 Harry Berliner made the first helicopter flight out of College Park, Maryland. (No word on how it went!)

1963, Valentina Tereshkova, at 26, became the first woman sent into space. She spent 3 days in orbit--(She was probably looking for a little peace and quiet and look how far she had to go to find it!)

1967, The Monterey Pop Festival got underway

1978, the film adaptation of GREASE premiered in New York City

How about you guys?? Anything to add???

5 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    I didn't find anything terribly interesting to add. I have to say, though, that the dress looks really uncomfortable!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL.......doesn't it?? and you know, women then would actually have a RIB removed so they could have a smaller waist??? how Bizarre is that???

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The thing is, my ass sticks out like that NOW. Think of how "in fashion" I would have been! LOL As rib surgery? I "heard" that Cher had that done a few years ago.

    Be back later with something (hopefully)

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL, Cyndi!! I'm right there with ya on the style front!

    And if Cher really did do that, she's nuttier than I thought! LOL

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    that dress does look uncomfortable. I can get my butt to stick out like that but I don't think I can get my waist that small, even if I was willing to remove a rib, which I'm not, ne way, no how.
    WOW and Grease is still going strong. Watched a few weeks ago on tv.
    LOL on going to space because she needed a little quiet time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home