Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Page 69 test...............


I read on Rhonda Pollero's website about this TEST. Read page 69 of any book and it should tell you if you want to read the rest of the book or not..... Hmm. So I spent most of my day reading page 69 in about a million books!! Most of the time?? True.

So I thought I'd post page 69 of MORE THAN FIENDS
and let you guys be the judges!! Let me know what you think!


“Thanks,” he said as he followed me into the kitchen. “It does help.”
“Look,” I told him, pulling an extra coffee cup out of the cupboard and filling it for him, “I’m willing to work this out, because I’m a fabulous human being, but I’m only going to listen to you being mad for so long.”
“About sixteen years?” he asked, a reluctant smile curving one corner of his mouth.
“Ha-ha,” I said and handed him his coffee. “One more time, Logan. I was a kid. And pregnant, okay?”
He leaned back against the counter, holding the cup between his palms. “If I’d known, it would have been different,” he said. “Cassie, you wrote to me all that year and you never even mentioned it.”
“Uh-huh,” I said, taking a huge gulp of coffee, “like you never mentioned that you were dating Skippy.”
“Misty.”
“Whatever.” I set my cup down, walked to the service porch and Logan was only a step or two behind me. While I stuffed a load of towels—Thea used two for every shower, one for her hair, one for her body and took two showers a day, you do the math—Logan leaned against the dryer, watching me.
To be honest, he gave good stare.
He made me so jumpy, I dumped enough soap in to wash five loads and hoped that wouldn’t come back to bite me in the ass. Then I slammed the lid and looked up at him. Well over six feet, it took awhile to lift my gaze all the way to his eyes, but it was worth the trip.
“What do you want from me, Logan?”
He blew out a breath, crossed his feet at the ankle and said, “Another shot.”
“At what?”
“You.”
Whoa Baby!

13 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Loucos do blog said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok... So NOT fair! Post a single page of the book, get me hooked and I cant get it for 2 weeks! AHHHHHHHHH! Ok... So I can see where I'll be when it hits the stores! Sounds great, can't wait!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Brandy said…

    I found a mention of this book somewhere and was intrigued. Now I know I have to get it!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    I love the female character! She's very real (on this page) :) Can't wait to read the whole thing. Very excited.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    TRISH....LOL.....hey, doing a little early pub for this baby!! I'm SO GLAD to know it tempted you into buying it!! June 5 is the set down date!!

    BRANDY.....Cool! Happy to hear you picked up a mention about the book! Hope it was a 'happy' mention, LOL!! And really glad you're intrigued enough to buy it!

    ktzmom........I had SO much fun writing Cassidy!! She's got attitude and a snarky sense of humor...can't imagine where she got that!!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    What a cool idea Maureen! I'm so going to steal it!

    MORE THAN FIENDS is an awesome book! I loved it (I got an early peek). I can't wait to read it again.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL, Jen! Thanks for the plug!! and hell, steal away! I stole it from Rhonnie Pollero!!

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Whoa, Baby is right!!! Fabulous little excerpt, Maureen!!

    I've had a sneak peek, too, but I still can't wait to get my hands on the shiny candy-apple-red version and read it all over again!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thanks, Kate!! and to be fair, her 'sneak peek' included me shrieking and begging her to read chapters to make sure everything was clicking!!

    Which is why the shiny candy apple book is dedicated to KATE....

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to read it. The excerpt was an excellent tease and I can't wait to read any of your books. I've been addicted since book 1

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Nichole: Thanks!! Glad you loved the excerpt. and I really thank you for being a loyal reader!!

    Hope you love FIENDS....

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Rhonda Pollero said…

    Your page 69 test worked so much better than mine (I flunked). I can't wait to read the whole book!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved the post. Now that's also a great way to get someone to buy a book. Thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home