Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Sunday, May 20, 2007

grumble grumble grumble.....


Yes, yes, I said I'd try not to rant for awhile!! But hey, YOU try going shopping on the weekend around here!
Used to be you could count on hideous traffic around three in the afternoon on any weekday.
Well, the traffic gremlins have been at work in So. Ca. the last few years and now, it's a mess WHENEVER you go!!
I'm thinking of having a reunion party with the people I was trapped with. After all, we became such close personal friends while we sat there idling, trying to remember what had seemed important enough to get us out there in the first place!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Traffic is torture in So Cal. As much as I love living here, it's the one thing that makes me think about living some place else. But at heart, I really am a California Girl--umm, without the (real) blonde hair and hot body. Sigh.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL......right there with ya, Jen! Born and raised here and yet... in my mind, I'm packing up every day!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Erika said…

    And to think I complain about traffic during my commute to work. If you ladies deal with anything like the picture you posted you have my sympathy. YUK!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    ktzmom:.....oh, yes. That is definitely a picture of our traffic. My dh and I were on the freeway a couple weeks ago, in the CAR POOL LANE and were stopped dead for a half hour. Good times.

    Where do you live? Maybe I'll move.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Erika said…

    I live in Arizona, if you can get past the 120 degree summers it's a great place to live. :)

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Just be glad you don't commute to your day job every day, girlfriend. I used to chew bubble gum to keep myself from going insane driving home on the freeway. Yeah, clearly that ploy didn't work, but luckily I got a new job closer to home! ;-)

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    ktzmom....hmm. Don't think I could handle that much HEAT!! LOL...

    Kate.....bubble gum? How about an UZI?????

    Thank God I'm a stay at home writer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home