Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Shopping and other horror stories



Is it just me or does everyone go slightly insane when staring at a huge list of names you have to buy presents for???

My darling daughter says I chickened out by doing mostly gift cards this year, but don't you think teenage nephews would rather go shopping for themselves?

And then there's the ds's girlfriend. I LOVE this girl. But I don't know what to get her...so I'm going to take my best shot and hope for the best.

It's no easier to come up with something to say when your kids say, 'what do you want for Christmas?' I'm lucky enough that I can't think of a thing I really WANT. And that of course makes the kids crazy.

Do you remember when it was easier?

When you were a kid and knew EXACTLY what you needed to make your life complete??

8 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Oh man, I agonize over gifts. I'm not very good at it. I wish I was, but I'm not.

    I want a laptop and a puppy, but I don't want to pay for the laptop or take care of the puppy. I WAS much easier when I was a kid and did't have to worry about paying for it or cleaning up after it!

    Gift cards are the way to go Maureen!

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Emily Brightwell said…

    Maureen, I was so sorry to hear that Abbey is gone - she was the sweetest dog.
    Sacha is gone too - funny how Christmas makes us miss them so much.

    Cheryl

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh, Cheryl......Sacha's gone, too? That makes my heart hurt. Such a sweet dog.

    And yes, Christmas is harder. Nothing Abbey liked better than unwrapping everyone's gifts on Christmas morning! I got her on video tape her last Christmas and I'm so glad now to have it.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    maureen:
    I have four kids, so it's simply insanity. They range from 19 months to nearly 17. Their presents from tricycles to guitar (11-year-old boy who has grown longish rock star curly hair thinks guitars are a chick magnet), to a Coach bag (bratty teen) to a drum set (9-year-old rebel girl-performance artist). Wild and wonderful children ALL who know EXACTLY what they want.

    :-)
    E

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger sdpenson said…

    Hi Maureen,

    Well I am sympathetic to all of you but....I am double whammied:-)

    Ten grandkids 8 celebrate Chanuakah and Christmas. Other two thankfully are on Grandpa's side only and they only do Xmas.

    I keep thinking that this is the year that I will just shop for the little ones...but..I love to shop for the big kids too.

    We are all the lucky ones aren't we..because we have loved ones to shop for.

    Merry Christmas to all of you, even if I don't know you I wish you all happiness.

    ~Sandy

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Erica....

    That's quite a range of gift buying!! LOL...but at least they all give you lists! None of this guessing business!

    Sandy, you're absolutely right. We should be thankful we have so many people we love...But 10 grandkids?? What a fun time Christmas must be for you guys!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Erica Orloff said…

    Sandy:
    My parents have 11 grandkids. Never in their wildest dreams did they think they'd have that many!
    E

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Erica, you must have REALLY fun Christmases when you're all together!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home