Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Not a Scholar...


Okay, I just love this picture. That's my dd, Sarah and my Grand Dog, Bristow. He was still pretty new to the family then and Sarah was trying to convince him that his new doggy crate was a Happy Place. So she'd sit in there with him....no greater love, huh?

Well, Bristow's a few months older now, and he's graduated from Obedience School. Barely. I think it was a mercy diploma. Because he's just so darn cute. And lovable. And the class clown.

When all the other doggies were lined up sitting, standing, heeling, and in general, being perfect little robotic dogs, Bristow the Independent, insisted on greeting everyone. He rolled on the asphalt, kissed the teacher and ran when he should have been laying down. He's his own dog, people. Creative spirits cannot be quenched. He don't need no stinkin' diploma!!

I'd rather have love than obedience anyway..........

9 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    What a cute pic!!!

    And it looks like you've got another creative spirit in the family. I won't be a surprised to see "The Doggy Chronicles" on the bestseller list some day! LOL

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger sdpenson said…

    Maureen,

    I am just now beginning to think about getting another dog...miss my Ayla a lot...can't replace her.

    I absolutely love this picture. I would have done the very same thing.

    What a beautiful daughter you have, and a wonderful sense of humor it appears.

    Have a great day!

    ~Sandy

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your dd is my kind of people.

    When my shepherd-lab, Bud, had the first (of 5) surgeries, dh built a larger-than-large crate that looked more like a circus wagon. Even with Bud lying on his side, I could still sit in there with him and read or write longhand on my novel.

    Now, seeing your dd and grandpup, I wish I'd taken a picture!

    When we later brought home our Aussie-mix, Maile, Bud helped me to crate train her immediately. If she whined or howled, he went over to the crate and gave her a very low warning growl. She'd lay down with a heavy sigh, but she'd be quiet!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    Aww, that picture was totally worth waiting for! And I love that Bristow is a creative spirit. :-)

    Michele

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Sandy...Sarah really is a beauty..and a lot of fun! LOL.. I'm with you, thouogh. It's been three years now since my Abbey died, and I'm still missing her. Don't think I'm ready yet--so I get my puppy love from Bristow!

    Gillian..I LOVE how Bud helped you train your new dog!! And yes, always take a pic!! LOL

    Michele.. Isn't that a great picture?? And oh yeah... Bristow marches to his own band!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate! What a great idea!! The Doggy Chronicles!!!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BRISTOW IS A FREE SPIRIT, HE DOES INDEED MARCH TO HIS OWN BAND. IN THE PROCESS HE IS ADORABLE.

    SO IS OUR SARAH ADORABLE.

    MOM

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi MOM!! you betcha our Sarah's adorable...inside and out!

    And you gotta love Bristow.....

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Dana Diamond said…

    I loved this post. That's definitely my kinda dog too.

    And I think your dd is my kinda human too.

    That pic brought back memories of when I was trying to convince my own dd's that their crib was a Happy Place.

    Too cute.

    :) d

    PS Hi everyone!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home