Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, November 20, 2006

Autumn??


Well, I was actually going to blog about my Grand Dog and obedience school, but until Blogger lets me put up his picture, that has to wait!

So instead, I thought I'd gripe about Autumn--or the lack thereof.

Isn't the picture pretty? You think cool weather, coming holidays, families gathered around a roaring fire. Cozy.

Not here. Nope, In Southern California, we've got HEAT. Let me be clear. Not the 'gee it's a little warm today' kind of heat. Nope. This is the families gathering around the fan, heat. The call the A/C repair guy and get him back out here, heat. This is not fall leaves. This is dead grass. This is not holiday time. This is head to the beach.

Yes, yes, some of you out there have got actual snow and you're probably sneering at me right now........But I'd like a little weather! Some change of season! Some reason to actually use my new umbrella. And hey, maybe dig out shoes other than sandals.

Happy November!!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    Oh boy, do I hear ya! Grrrr...

    I went shopping yesterday wearing shortsleeves, capris, and flipflops...But the stores were carrying sweaters, jackets, mittens, hats, and all such lovely cold weather clothing. Where did they think they'd open their stores? I guess if I were planning a trip away from SoCal, which sounds like a fairly nice idea right about now...

    We can grumble together, Maureen!

    Michele

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    I'm tired of the heat to Maureen! I'm not looking for miserable cold, just not hot!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Michele-- A couple years ago, our FAN died in November. Went to Home Depot to get another one and they said, oh now. That's seasonal. I said, it's NINETY FIVE degrees!! But they would be happy to sell me a snow shovel.......oh, thanks. grumble. Thank you for grumbling with me!!

    Jen, I"m with you! Just some dark clouds and wind and 65!! That'd be great!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Can I grumble too?? Grumble grumble....

    And we're spending Thanksgiving at my mom's house.....in Palm Desert!!! Arrgh!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home