Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Night Time Bumping


No, not THAT kind of bumping. Get your mind out of the gutter!! But I did get your attention, didn't I?

Nope, I'm talking about the Things That Go Bump In The Night thing...the spooky stories, the chills you get when you're all alone and you hear a noise in the dark.

Yep, the paranormal. See, at the moment, I'm writing one book while at the same time, coming up with ideas for the next one. And the next one is another paranormal for Silhouette Nocturne.

Plus, I've got half an idea for a mainstream paranormal that's taunting me. Don't know about anyone else, but sometimes, when I get ideas, they're just a snatch of a scene. Or a line of dialogue. Or an image of something that I then have to work like crazy to figure out and add to.

And while it's a little nerve wracking and sometimes extremely frustrating, at the same time, that's the fun part of being a writer. Day dreaming. Letting your mind wander down roads most people never travel. And really, aren't those the most fun roads to take??

5 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Very cool and creepy picture!

    I love those moments when a fleeting idea passes through your mind and you race to write it down before it disappears. The whole process feels so fresh and new in that moment, doesn't it?

    And I can't wait to hear about your next Nocturne!!!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Aw, thanks, Kate!!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I ALSO CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT NOCTURN, EVEN THOUGH WHEN I READ YOUR GALLIES I WAS PREPARED NOT TO LIKE THE FIRST ONE, MAN WAS I WRONG. I LOVED IT AND COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN ONCE I STARTED. SO HURRY UP AND DO THE NEXT ONE!!!!

    MOM

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Maureen, I always get half-baked ideas :-) They take a lot of work to flesh out.

    Put me on the list of people who can't wait for the next Nocturne!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home