Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Out For a Lovely Drive


Went to my local RWA chapter meeting yesterday. It was a good time. Well, always is. But yesterday was the big birthday bash, with lots of food, prizes and the founding Mother of RWA, Rita Clay Estrada!

The only problem was getting there.

The 22 freeway is the WORST freeway in California. Used to be the 5, but they finally fixed that. The 22 is old, cramped and way outdated for the gazillion people who live here now. So they, (CalTrans) have been 'working' on it for freaking ever. With no end in sight.

My meeting is about 20 miles from my house. No problem, right? Weekend traffic shouldn't be nearly as ugly as weekDAY traffic, right? HAH!

It's a nightmare, people! There's so much construction you can't tell where the actual lanes are--but on the upside, they paid a billion bucks to make the WALLS look pretty. So we have something to look at while we sit in one place until the end of time.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    I feel your pain, Maureen! I hit traffic on the 91. Cal Trans had closed the car pool lane, which was okay as it was early in the morning. But a big truck had slammed into the wall of the car pool lane and two other cars--probably trying weave--and that snarled up traffic.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    My sympathies, Jen. And you have a WAY longer ride than I do!!! Do you remember when the 15 was a nice, easy ride???

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Ugh, I probably hit the same traffic Jen hit on the way home from the meeting -- which was as wonderful as you said, Maureen!

    But traffic...I'm so glad I don't have to commute too far to the day job because I would've been carted off to the local home for the criminally insane by now.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh Kate......right there with ya, Scooter!! good thing they don't let me drive armed!!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Maureen, ah, yes I remember when the 15 was a lonely highway and we were lucky to see another car.

    And now I've realized how old I am to be saying things like "I remember when..."

    I need more coffee!

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss OCC ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home