Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, October 02, 2006

Mondays...


What is it about Mondays, anyway??

My friend Jennifer Apodaca had a great little picture on her blog today. And I identified with it so much, I started thinking about Mondays...because let's face it, no writing was getting done.

So is the hideous Monday so hated because it's the beginning of the work week? Or is it because it signals the end of the weekend! I'm voting for the latter. Mainly because this weekend was so nice for me, I'm thinking Monday is the ugly stepsister to the weekend.

Saturday was great, a lazy day except for reading the galleys of my next Nocturne book, due out in February 07. Now normally, I have a 'reader' who does my galleys for me. Namely, my mom! But Traveling Granny was off on a tour bus all last week, so I had to pick up my own gauntlet so to speak. Thankfully, I really liked this book. I think it's terrific--but that's for a blog in February!

Sunday was perfect. My daughter came and took me to lunch on the Belmont Pier. Belmont Brewery's patio tables sit over the sand with a terrific view of the ocean. The food was fabulous, my daughter's always a good time, and we ended up at Target shopping for stuff we didn't need. It doesn't get better than that! Then I came home and my DH cooked dinner!!

No wonder Monday looked so bad in comparison...........

5 Comments:

  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Ugh, don't talk to me about Mondays! The thought of going back to the BAD Place (i.e., the day job) every Monday makes both me and the DH blue by midafternoon on Sunday.

    Plus, weekends are never long enough. We rush around doing errands on Saturday, try to squeeze in some writing time, then pretend to relax on Sunday. But not for long. Monday is only hours away!

    And anytime I come home to see the DH making dinner is a happy day!

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Love the pic Maureen! I think Mondays are just a really hard transition day. I'm always catching up on all the stuff I ignored over the weekend, and my characters tend to be really cranky on Monday. Half the time they don't even show up for work, the bunch of slackers.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate, that's it!! We need a four day weekend and a three day workweek....that sounds so much more enlightened!!

    Jen..Well you know, how much writing can we actually get done when even our characters are slacking off???

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE the cartoon. Mondays suck.

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I came back to say I'm overwhelmed with galleys and copy edits and wish I had your mom to read for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home