Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Book-a-holic


No, this isn't an actual picture of my office...but it could be!

My husband swears that when the next big earthquake hits, they're going to find me dead, buried under a mountain of books. I say, what better way to go??

Seriously, can you ever have too many books? I don't think so. I like having a TBR mountain close at hand. I've always got at least one new book going and sometimes more than one. If I simply cannot wait to get going on a book I've been waiting for, I just dive in and then go back to the one I abandoned when I'm finished with the new one.

And you can't open a closet in safety in my house. Stacks of books will come tumbling out. My husband does not get this. Why keep a book once you've read it? he asks.....So I can read it AGAIN, I tell him. The concept of Keepers is lost on him.

I just added another one to the Keeper pile yesterday. Nora's latest, Morrigan's Cross. I rushed through that book like a starving woman finding a Hershey bar. Couldn't stop. Didn't savor. Just felt the pull of the magic and dove in. When I was finished, I started over at the beginning and this time, took my time, relishing it like Godiva. It was even better the second time and I know I'll be reading that one again.

About fifteen years ago, I read a book called THE MIRROR, by Marlys Millheiser, and it's STILL with me. Out of the blue, I'll think about that story and wonder. Remember the characters and the chills I got reading it. That really is a kind of magic, don't you think?

Like good friends, books are always there when you need them most. Just have to remember to be careful when opening my closets!

Have a book that's stayed with you? What is it? Why do you love it?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I WILL SAY THAT THE APPLE DOES NOT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE........YOUR DAD AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AVID READERS WE ALWAYS HAVE A BOOK GOING. SO I MUST SAY I HAVE FOUR BOOKCASES IN MY 1000 SQ FT. CONDO
    AND COULD REALLY USE A COUPLE MORE.

    I ALSO LIKE TO REREAD BOOKS SO I KEEP THEM ALSO, TROUBLE IS I HAVE TOO MANY FAVORITES LOL,.

    MOM

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    I re-read Nora's books regularly, especially the trilogies. I just love those people she writes about and I feel like I've got to visit them again, you know?

    I need a SEP fix every so often, too, and Linda Howard (DREAM MAN and SON OF THE MORNING) and some of the old Julie Garwood historicals. Oh, and JD Robb! I go back and read her from the beginning every year or so. I love those early books with Eve and Roarke getting to know each other. Yum!

    And lets not even talk about my TBR stacks. Scary. But I'm comforted in knowing I'm not the only one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home