Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Friday, August 25, 2006

Vicarious Living

Okay, so about ten years ago, I told three of my writing friends that I really wanted to move. Anywhere, I said. I want to live somewhere that has actual SEASONS. I'm a born and bred Southern California girl. My winter coat is a sweatshirt. Well, I want an actual Fall. I want real winters. Cold winds, big clouds. I'll even learn to live in SNOW. Anyway, the upshot was, I wanted to move.

So, ten years later, I'm in the same house and those three friends have moved all over everywhere! One of them, my good friend Susan Mallery has moved several times!!

Susan has just recently moved again. This time, she says, it's forever. She's back in the Pacific Northwest, a place she loves. A place her husband was raised. And living through this latest move with her has been an eye opener! Susan is the most organized human being on the face of the planet. She makes God look like a slacker.

But this move has really thrown her. She actually had to make a list the other day just to calm herself. So I'm living vicariously through movers, packers, charities coming for pickups of old stuff and the hideousness of UNpacking. She's tired and her pets are running her ragged. Her office is a shambles, and she's back to square one in setting up a household again.

Check out our new team blog at Deadline Diaries because I'm pretty sure Susan will have a lot to say about the misery of moving.

So yes, it sounds like a hassle. And if moving can make Susan nuts, it would probably kill me. But you know what? I STILL want to move!

Maureen

3 Comments:

  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Maureen - Don't Leave Meeeeeeeee!!! And yes, it IS all about me! LOL

    I get that same moving bug every so often, too. Like when the crack house next door gets a little rambunctious, I think...British Columbia. I'd like to live in British Columbia.

    Kate

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    British Columbia, Pacific Northwest, Utah! =) Anywhere, girl, anywhere!!!

    Come WITH me!!!

    Maureen

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    I sooo could've written this post, Maureen! It's exactly what I've been whining about--er, wanting to do for years. Give me seasons!

    Yep, I get pretty darn grumpy when it's 80 degrees during November and December. Stupid warm weather...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home