Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, August 21, 2006

MONDAYS

I had a hair appointment this morning, for a cut I really needed...BAD...but the chick at the salon told me that the two main streets leading into the salon were all closed, so I'd have to find a different route.

Okay, this is MONDAY. I don't do different. I sort of get in the car and go on autopilot. Not a good thing to admit, but there you go. Anyway, I left early for the appointment so I could find my way through the uncharted territory in front of me.

The chick lied.

The streets weren't closed. Oh, I found out later, one of them is, like three miles from the salon! So there I am, nearly an hour early, no Alphie with me so I can't work, and for the first time in EVER, I didn't take a book with me, either. What to do???

I drove to the beach. Summer's nearly over and the beach is practically deserted, when compared to how it was only a couple of weeks ago. The sky was so clear it almost hurt to look at it. The ocean stretched out in front of me, heading out into the horizon. Surfers paddled waves so tiny it hardly seemed worth the effort. Sailboats skimmed over the surface of the water and the wind danced in, as if welcoming my spur of the moment visit.

Didn't stay long. Still had to get back to the haircut. But those few minutes staring out at the beach I rarely find time to visit, really made Monday look a lot better!

Maureen

2 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Reminder: Don't leave the house without a book, ever! But what a totally cool way to spend the unexpected free time. I love the beach best in the fall when the crowds die down and it feels like it's all mine again.

    Kate

    P.S. Hope the haircut is fabulous!!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI, WISH I HAD BEEN THERE TO GO ALONG WITH YOU, I DO SO LOVE THE PACIFIC OCEAN, IT IS GORGEOUS.

    MAYBE NEXT TIME I WILL BE THERE, SO BECAUSE YOU DID NOT TAKE A BOOK YOU REALLY LUCKED OUT LOL.

    SALLYE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home