Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Day Off

Ah, it's good to treat yourself every once in awhile. Finished up and sent in a book yesterday, so today, I took the day off.

Watched Harry Potter 1........LOVE those movies and just really love the musical score, too. And did a lot of reading and hey, took the time to paint my toes a bright red, so now I'm festive and ready for fall.

Anyway, while I was busy treating myself to a day off from work...about half way through the relaxation, I realized I was BORED. Yep. All this time, I've thought that I would love to be one of those 'laze on a chaise' types......reading, eating and in general just doing a whole lot of nothing. Turns out, it doesn't really work for me.

Is that because I'm still thinking about the last book? Or already planning the one I start tomorrow? Or, is it the two new ideas I had today that were plaguing me, not willing to let me just relax? Don't misunderstand, I'm really grateful for the ideas dropped on me by the Writing gods...but hey, this was a be kind to me day!!

What about you? When you set out a special time to just do nothing, does it actually work for you?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A DAY FOR YOURSELF IS A WONDERFUL THING AND NOW THAT I AM RETIRED I CAN HAVE AS MANY OR AS FEW OF THOSE DAYS AS I WANT.

    I READ A LOT CAUSE I LOVE IT, BUT I ALSO LINE DANCE AND EXERCISE SO
    CHEERS TO YOU FOR FEEDING YOUR INNER SELF.

    SALLYE

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Yep, if I do finally take a day off just for myself, my brain often doesn't get the memo and keeps working. It can be frustrating, but you know, ideas tend to come more easily when we're relaxed.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Mom!! Yes, you do get to do whatever you want, you lucky puppy!! Including reading my blogs, LOL

    Jen, I know just what you mean. It's those ideas that come when you least expect them that really seem to work!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Gosh, if I had a day off all for myself, I'd go blogging! Duh!

    Okay, just kidding. With my dreaded day job, a day off usually means I get extra time to write. Funny how that works.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate....you poor tiara wearing babe you!! A day off work means a day of work!?! What is wrong with this picture??

    I know. It's the day job!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home