Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One of THOSE Days




You know the days. The ones when you sit down with your synopsis and you know exactly what you've got to get done. You know your characters, know what they're supposed to be doing ...
and yet.

Nada.

You're not feeling the magic, you're not feeling the 'muse' whatever the heck that is and at the end of every page, you want to pick up your computer and pitch it through the window, just to hear the crash!

That's what my day's been like today. At least, writing wise. Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it's that I'm too busy thinking about one of my best friends who's dealing with getting her first agent. Maybe I've just typed all I'm going to type today.

Whatever the reason, the computer is still here, looking at me out of its one big eye and daring me to close the lid. Actually, I think its glaring at me. Plotting revenge. Hmm. You know, you're not really paranoid if they actually ARE out to get you!!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    I totally relate Maureen. My problem is that I wrote tons of pages today, but all I accomplished was to suck the tension right out of my story. It's so boring I'm going to go vacuum just to escape.

    And by the way, my computer told me that your computer IS out to get you, LOL.

    Let's hope for better days...

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL,

    Thanks for the tip, Jen!! I've got my eye on that computer!!

    I too wrote tons of pages today, but I'm thinking they're going to need some tweaking come tomorrow!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    I'd laugh but this hits all too close to home. I really hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.

    And for you too, Jen, because....vacuuming? Really? Stop it!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Kate--ummm, sorry for the vacuuming! I'm a reformed cleaning nut. Doing much better these days (as anyone can tell by the state of my house) but sometimes I slip...

    Maureen, hope today is a better day!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm laughing with you, I swear. Only for me, it's not the laptop mocking me, it's my muse. She's such a bee-yotch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home