Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Monday, September 04, 2006

Where is Autumn???


When I think of Autumn, this is the kind of image that fills my head.

Not sure why, since I was born and raised in Southern California. But ever since I was a kid, I pictured scene like this one at the end of summer.

I really do think I'm living on the wrong coast!

September in California is hot and lately, (thanks to the hurricanes in Mexico) steamy! I long for a change. A big weather change. I want cold winds and turning leaves and black clouds with lots of rain caught inside them. I want the dreary days that seem to fill my imagination much more completely than sunshine does. I want to feel the nip of a coming winter in the air and huddle inside a sweatshirt against the wind. I want to sit on the banks of a river like this one and listen to the sound of the water battering the rocks. Hear the whisper of wind in the trees.

Yep. Definitely living on the wrong coast.

So, what does Autumn mean to you?

7 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FUNNY, AUTUMN MEANS THE SAME THING TO ME, I LOVE THE FALL AND WHERE I LIVE SOME OF THE LEAVES DO CHANGE.
    GRANTED THERE ARE NOT TOO MANY THAT CHANGE, BUT I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET LOL.

    I HOPE SOME DAY SOON YOU CAN EXPERIENCE THE CHANGING SEASONS AND ENJOY EACH OF THEM.

    MOM

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Thanks mom!! But hey, maybe you and dad should have settled on the EAST coast since we both love Autumn!!

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    What a pretty picture! I grew up in SoCal, too, and I've always talked about moving away. I know we live in paradise, weather-wise, but the sameness gets to me sometimes.

    Of course, my husband moved here from Buffalo so I'd have a hard time coaxing him back to a colder climate! But maybe we could split the difference and move a little farther up the coast. I've got to have the beach nearby, no matter where I live.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Kate.....I do love the beach, but honestly, I almost never go there. Except maybe during winter when it's practically empty!

    I'd love Oregon or Washington, but my husband is anti-rain, so that's never gonna happen! LOL

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    I was born and mostly raised in So Cal too! But I think of Autum being crisp, with the smell of wet leaves and pumpkin pie.

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    I was brought up on the wrong coast, too, Maureen! And I'm a winter beach person as well. Give me a rocky coastline where I can bundle up while I study the ocean and I'm one happy camper. ::sigh::

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Jen--oh yeah. PumpkinPie ......
    that sounds great right about now.

    Michele--I'll look for you on the deserted beach! Nothing better than a cold wind, gray waves and an empty stretch of sand for inspiring the imagination!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home