Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Mental Vacations........


So, now that the election hoopla is over, everybody need a vacation?
Well, I do! Especially since I'm also on a very tight (and tightening) deadline.


The other day, my mom sent me an email loaded with some of the most gorgeous photos I've ever seen.

This one is one of my favorites. I don't know if it was actually taken in Ireland, but it really reminds me of that beautiful country. So, I slapped it up onto my desktop, so that every time I open my computer now, I can pretend to be lazing on that lake, staring up at that glorious sky and smelling the smoke coming from a fire in that cozy cottage.

How about you? Where do you go when you take a mental vacation??

6 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, that's so pretty. I want to go there!

    Beth

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said…

    Beautiful, Maureen! I want to be there right now, maybe inside the cabin, sitting by the fire, reading a good book and drinking a hot toddy!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Hi Beth......I soooo agree. VERY pretty...

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Oh, Kate.....what a great idea!! Maybe I'll come in out of that boat and sit with you by the fire. Can we open the windows???

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pretty picture, but I like the beach. On Maui.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I AM GLAD YOU FOUND ONE OF THE PICTURES I SENT YOU PLEASING. EVERY MORNING I CHECK OUT THE WEATHER IN LONDON AND DUBLIN, CAUSE I LOVE BOTH COUNTRIES. THE PEOPLE IN LONDON THINK THEY FOOL US WHEN THEY SAY "A FEW CLOUDS" BUT SORRY GUYS, YOUR PAVEMENT IS WET LOL. I WANT TO BE THERE ANYWAY.
    LOVE,
    MOM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home