Maureen Child - Romance Author Maureen Child - Romance Author

 

Meet Maureen
Coming Soon
Recent Releases
Booklist
Stay Informed
Contact Maureen
Maureen's Blog
Home

 

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh yeah. This means war........



Yep, I know there are WAY more important things going on in the world at the moment. But I just had to tell somebody about what's going on in my backyard.


Recognize the little guy on the left? That's the gopher from Caddyshack. One of the dh's favorite movies. Well, wouldn't you know that a piece of Hollywood has landed in his very own yard?

That's right. The dh is at war. With a gopher. And so far, it's a draw. Dh discovered that our neighbor's gopher had migrated into our yard. Our neighbor insists that the gopher is still living over there and that he's just building a vacation home at our place. But my dh is determined to put a stop to the new construction.

He got out a shovel. He dug into the little guy's tunnel. He ran the hose in there, turned on the water and let it run for long enough the drought police should have shown up to take us both away. Next morning, there was a new wing on the gopher's little summer palace. Yep, turns out all the dh did was build the little sucker an indoor pool. So he set a trap. (I know, I hate them, too). Turns out, the gopher's too smart for that. He pushed the trap out of his tunnel and left it there as a signal to dh that he's not going to win this one.

So dh is at it again. He's facing down this furry little opponent and making me a little insane, just as an added bonus.

Who will win?? Take a look at that picture. The gopher's laughing. Well, our gopher is, too.

12 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Wow, sounds like things could get ugly around your place. Let us know if you finally get him (or her) evicted.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger EllenToo said…

    I'm afraid your dh is gonna lose this war. I sure hope you can hold on to your sanity.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Pat and Ellen.......thanks for the kind thoughts.

    The man is on a MISSION..... but I think the Gopher's gonna take this one...

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said…

    Wait! I've lived this story! You have my sympathies, Maureen...gophers are CLEVER.

    Pushing the trap out of his hole is priceless!

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Jen, we've got a Rhodes Scholar out there. Dh is hatching new plans!!

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    Maureen, the last time we went to war with a rodent...and I mean WAR (the damn thing was frickin' CLEVER)...it ended up scaring us so badly by how smart it was-- we moved. God's truth.

    I swear to heaven, we scare kids around camp fires with the story. Folks gather around us at parties just to hear the tale.

    I wish you MUCH better luck in your battle. At least you can see your opponent and he's outside. LOL

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    Gee, and I thought spiders were frightening enough.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Michele.....My sympathies. And you know of course that I'm going to need to hear that story over lunch at the meeting!!

    So far, the gopher war is a standoff...

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    Pat.....If dh was at war with a spider, I sooooo wouldn't be here!!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BE SURE AND ASK MICHELE ABOUT HER STORY OF "THE RODENT" AT THE MEETING ON SATURDAY, AND THEN TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT.
    LOVE,
    MOM

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said…

    LOL MOM! I'LL REMEMBER!!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHAHAHA Good luck to your hubby. Them gophers are some sneaky characters! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home